Chapter - 15

Rachel's POV:

The next day morning, I woke up at 5:00 for my morning run and my CrossFit class. Which is near my house and only a few blocks across the street. For surgeon stamina and physical fitness is important or else it's difficult to complete long time surgery.

Last night I have already my decision but to make 100% sure. I decided to talk to my friend. Sometimes, when you're making big decisions it's always good to talk with someone close to you.

My next decision may change my life and carrier. But, this what something I need to do. I want to give my best and make a name for myself in the medical field. Although I have become famous to stand up in the medical field I need to go online like social media accounts and get into PR. Till now I'm staying low key meaning although I gave interviews and rest. It's just a small-time. To go big I need to go interviews like on television shows and Magazines for their articles. Also, I need to join various medical groups in the medical field and more. ( Like a dermatologist famous on Instagram with millions of followers than a top surgeon doctor)

After my CrossFit class and my morning run. I returned to my home and get ready for my work.

As I eat my breakfast after a quick shower and make calls to the hospital to get the results ready for the patient I'm going to operate on this morning. My dog whined at me for his food. Which is his habit of his in the morning.

I also brought a treat machine that will toss small treats automatically when I'm not around and it has a camera built-in.

As I feed my dog Bolt the French bulldog. I usually don't take him with me for my morning run. Since it's difficult for a French bulldog to run. But, if it's for a morning walk they usually love it. Sometimes I take him to the dog park when he usually runs with other dogs and plays. He's not even a year old.

I also arranged for maids to take care of him while cleaning the house. She comes later in the morning and she has the access card to my house. There are no issues for safety as it's a penthouse and security is strictly maintained.

After that, I got my things in my designer handbag. Left for my work. Which usually takes 20 minutes on fewer traffic times.

.............................................................................

After I went to the hospital on time and went to my office and immediately came Kate (my junior doctor) with a knock on the door.

"Doctor, test reports are ready and it's already updated in the system." Said Kate with a bright face. She must have had a good sleep.

"Take a seat, I'll check into it now." As I said to Kate. Checking on the reports on my desktop computer.

It took me 5 minutes as I checked the reports made sure everything is alright. And the reports are good. We can proceed with the operation.

"Good, then we can start the operation at the scheduled time at 11:00 am. Also, check on the team for me." I always made sure to check on my team. If one is not ready or good, it may lead to some unnecessary problems or delays. Because it was always important to have an excellent team to increase the success rate and mutual understanding.

"Yes, doctor. I will check on them and meet you at the operation theatre." Kate nodded her head and left.

Then, now I have time to check on my patient who I operated on yesterday. I called Henry and Benjamin who looking after the patient.

After a few minutes, Henry came with a sleepy look.

"Good morning, doctor. Benjamin is looking after the patient and the reports. So far the patient heartbeat is good and there is no problem." Said Henry as he spoke energetic but his face looked tried.