Porphyry

They stared up at the loud ninja.

"Oh, and by the way," Naruto asked. "What was that password again?"

"Naruto, get out of here," Sauske waved his arm in a futile effort to shoo his teammate away. "You don't know what you're up against!"

"Sure I do!" Naruto replied. "A creepy snake lady who hurt my friends! You should slither back into your hole before I make a pair of shoes out of you!"

Sakura glanced back at Not Naruto and pressed her lips together. She slid her right foot across the ground and punched her left arm straight up into the air. A huge pillar of solid rock burst from the ground, following the motions that her fist had made.

Sauske leaped backwards and landed easily on the flat top of the rock as it shot him up and away from Not Naruto.

"You can have it," Sauske announced from almost as high up as Naruto. He pulled the heaven scroll from his weapon pouch and tossed it to Not Naruto.

Sakura could see the logic behind it. If Not Naruto was too strong to defeat, then simply give Not Naruto what they wanted. Then Not Naruto would leave them alone and alive. They would probably be able to pick up a different set of scrolls before the time limit.

It still hurt to see their chance at chuunin arcing towards a creepy tongue person.

Naruto intercepted. He grabbed the Heaven scroll out of the air and landed with a thump on another tree.

"What do you think you're doing?" Naruto yelled.

Aaand then he launched into a whole spiel of how the Sauske he knew would never give up so easily.

Sakura used his distraction and slid silently over to the back of Sauske's pillar. She dug her fingers into the back and was relieved to see they sank in as easily as stabbing putty. She began to climb.

She was almost at the top when Naruto sprang at Not Naruto, who had just.... activated a summoning jutsu!

Sakura pushed herself into the air and kicked the top of her pillar at Not Naruto. Sauske jolted, then let himself fall off the back of it.

Not Naruto was forced to glide creepily backwards. Sakura leaped off her shortened pillar and grabbed Naruto's arm.

"Come on, you stupid idiot!" She hissed, pulling him away. "We can't beat this person!"

Not Naruto's voice rang out from the crumbled wreckage and dust of the pillar. "Summoning jutsu!"

▪▪▪

Toph sighed, then gripped Kakashi tighter.

They were currently ninjaing over what smelled like a large forest. He held her in a piggyback. Every now and again his foot would touch down on a branch, sending a jolt right through her, and then they would be off again.

Toph yawned.

"We're almost there," Kakashi told her.

"That's what you said five minutes ago. And three before that," Toph tightened her grip on him. His arms were steady, but she still didn't like being so high up with no dirt to see with.

"I know, but this time I can see the building." Kakashi told her. "Maybe another minute or two and we'll be there."

To her left, Hayate coughed. "Why are we bringing her?"

Toph stuck her tongue out in his general direction, then imediantly regretted it as they passed through a bunch of gnatflies.

She hacked and spat and Kakashi laughed at her.