13: What Is Life?

Chapter 13: What Is Life?Chris

Chris

As soon as Chris locked the door he leaned up against it and looked up at the ceiling wondering what the fuck had just happened and what was going on his life. He was happy that Nia and April had talked and came to an agreement to be cordial but the whole asking April to be Royalty's God mother threw him for a loop. They had never discussed it no nothing. Nia had never even mentioned it to him and Chris would've never thought about asking April such a thing like that. Was he mad? No, not really but he would've loved to talk to Nia about it beforehand before asking April something so serious like that. It was one of those things where it was like who are you to ask April out of all people a question like that. Yet at the same time he was happy that Nia had grown enough to admit her faults and ask April what she had and that she was looking at what was going on in Royalty's life and was trying to make it better for her.

Chris wouldn't have asked because yes he knew April loved Royalty to death and she already claimed her as her own but would she really want to be the God mother to the same child that he had on her during their relationship? Let alone he wasn't the one who asked her it was the woman he had cheated on her with who had asked. He thought it would be too much to ask her such a thing but he also knew without a doubt that if something happened to him and his mother wasn't able to take care of Royalty that April would be the next person in line and best option because she without a doubt wholeheartedly loved Royalty and would do whatever she needed to do for her. She would make sure that all of her needs were met.

Life was definitely changing for him and what he had witnessed today he would've never thought would have happened in a million years. He knew how much April had despised Nia but to see them both sitting down in his living room and being adults without April dragging her ass across the living room floor for GP was progress in itself and God straight working his magic. He just hoped and prayed that April and Nia could continue to be cordial because his little girls didn't need to be caught up in any drama that he had actually been the source of. He knew that just because April and her family didn't remind him 50/11 times that they knew damn well that all of this shit was his fault to begin with but they weren't going to rub it in his face.

"God what are you doing to me" he questioned seriously. Chris had once been a piece of shit and he was definitely changing for the better and now he was actually starting to see the results. Life was good for him. He had two beautiful little girls and now his children's mothers were on the same page working together without him having to be the middle man. He knew it was because April was all about her girls and he was grateful because if not this shit wouldn't have even gone down everything could've gone left. He still couldn't believe this shit but he had to respect it. They wanted the best for their children and they were willing to be mature enough to make shit happen.

Finally walking away from the front door Chris took his phone out of his pocket, walked back to the living room, and plopped down on the couch speechless. He unlocked his phone and went straight to his, August, and Trey's group-chat and sent a 911. He needed to talk to his brothers like now. He needed to know that he wasn't dreaming and that this shit was the real deal.