Chapter Six

A few days later.

"Ms. Manoban?"

"Yes Yeri" Lisa answered the voice on the intercom in her office.

"There is a Ms. Kim on line two. Do you wish me to take a message?"

"No Yeri, put her through please."

"Yes Ms. Manoban" she replied.

"Hello Ms. Kim, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Hello Ms. Manoban and please, can we move past the Ms. Kim? Could you call me Jen?"

"Shall we come to a compromise Ms. Kim? Allow me to call you Jennie and only if you would call me Lisa."

"Okay, deal."

"Well then Jennie, how can I be of assistance?"

Jennie shivered at Lisa's use of her name.

"Well, I've called to accept your invitation. Do you remember?"

"Of course, how could I forget?"

"Great, when would be a good day and time for you?"

"Whenever you desire, I can clear my schedule if the need arises."

"Would today be too presumptuous?"

"No, not at all, in fact, would you consider favoring me with some of your time for dinner afterwards?"

"Are you sure? I don't want to be an inconvenience."

"Never Jennie, it would be an honor."

'Why is it this woman causes me to shiver just by her saying my name?' Jennie thought, "Then I would be delighted ...what time would you prefer me to come over?"

Lisa didn't hesitate, "Are you occupied with the rest of your day?"

"Um no, I just finished. Why?"

"I will have my driver pick you up then, would that be suitable to you?"

"Yes, that would be great."

"Excellent, I shall see you soon."

"Okay, see you then, bye."

Lisa hung up the phone; "Yeri, I am taking leave for the rest of the day" she spoke into the intercom.

"Yes Ms. Manoban. I'll see to everything. Good Day."

"Thank you Yeri, Good Day."

...

Jennie was waiting at the driveway of her home as the limousine pulled up. She got in after the driver opened the door for her and settled back for the ride; unaware of the BMW that began following them.

When the limo dropped her off at the marbled building, the BMW parked further up the road and the driver sat, waiting in the darkness.

"Good evening Miss."

"Hello again Philippe...it is Philippe isn't it?" Jennie asked as she was greeted at the foyer again by the elder gentleman.

"Yes Miss. The Mistress will be with you momentarily. Would you care for anything?"

"A very large glass of water would be great Philippe, if you wouldn't mind?"

"At once Miss" he bowed and exited the room.

Jennie walked over to the windows and looked out into the dusk skyline, "Stunning" she whispered to herself.

"Yes indeed" she felt whispered into her ear which sent shivers up and down her spine but she knew Lisa would not be standing there.