Old friend

"Melani!"
"Jensen!"
—————————
Anais dashed out of her room but fell down on her back, I groan in pain as I lift myself up. "I forgot about that." She tells myself. She flew her way out and make it out in the middle of the street of the neighborhood.

"Jensen." She whispers, as she kept turning around to see if he too remembered her. "Melani!" A yell was heard from the distance. Anais turned around and widened her eyes as she sees a figure dashing at her at full speed.

They both collided, but on time, Jensen grabbed her and pulled her on top of him. "Ow." Jensen grunts, his wings disappear, Anais looked up and smiled.

"You did remember me." She softly says, he smiled and nods. "It took a while..." he admits, they both look at eachother.

"I missed you, old friend." Anais softly says, Jensen smiled and nods. "We should-," he gets cut off by the sound of thunder, "talk."

Rain started pouring, they both get up and look at eachother again. Jensen grabs Anais' hand and led her to a covered area. He put his jacket around her, she thanked him.

"What happened to you?" Jensen asked as he sat down next to Anais. Anais sighed and shakes her head, "I couldn't handle it...I just...I couldn't stand hearing everyone there. And how they made you turn on me...it hurt more." Anais looks at Jensen.

"I felt so alone..." Anais' voice cracks, she takes a deep breath. "The look you gave me when you realized I was a demon...and the words you told me." Anais hung her head low.

"I'm sorry. If I could take it all back I would, I should've never turned on you. I knew what you went through as a child and I still did that to you." Jensen looks at Anais with a worried look.

"I should've stood up for you...but I didn't. And I really hate myself for that, a shit ton." Anais looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Excuse my language." Jensen cleared his throat, "I-I was just-" Anais cuts him off, "stupid?" Jensen looked at her and smiled.

"Stupid." He repeats back, the two look at eachother. "Did you cause this rain and thunder?" Anais asked pointing at the sky and the puddles.

Jensen shakes his head, "No, it must be one of my friend...he's playing a video game and he probably lost. Game rage." Anais snickered.

"It'll be over soon. He just needs to calm down a bit." Anais nods, "Remember at prom...the night we met...we both danced, strangers at the time?" Anais nods.

"I'm glad I went. If not I wouldn't have met someone such as yourself." Jensen smirked, "I'm glad I went too. I guess destiny brought us together."

"I guess so." Anais says as she smiled. The two look into each others eyes. "Melani, I never got you off my mind. I tried, I got with a few girls but I just couldn't.  Whenever I heard the name 'Melani' I would get up and find you, but it was someone else. Anais or Ana was also a common name. You wouldn't believe how many people have the same first last and sometimes middle name as yours."

"I thought you changed your name. I was disappointed in myself." Jensen adds. "You shouldn't be, I believe it's hard to find me..especially since my records have been missing to avoid anymore...trouble." Anais says.

"Your accent." Jensen points out, Anais chuckled, "I'm from New Orleans." Anais smiled, Jensen nods. "New York." Jensen smiled as he tells her where he's from.

Anais nods, they both look up as thunder and rain stopped. "Seems as if my friend has calmed down." Both Anais and Jensen chuckle.

"Let's go to my house, my grandma is away for another week. And plus...it's close by." Anais suggests with a smile. Jensen nods, he gets up and helped Anais up.

"Remember prom night, when it was raining?"