48 | The Offer

💫

💫

Captain Rex led his small squad back from patrol to the temporary base on the planet Kiros. The team had seen no signs of the missing civilians while out. This mission was becoming stranger and stranger by the moment. He removed his helmet and spotted the two 501st Generals standing with Commander Tano through the bustle of soldiers decked in white armor.

Anakin still had a frustrated look on his face. His co-General observed his strained profile quietly and mentally noted his everlasting frown "Obi-wan is taking too long up there" he said through gritted teeth.

"Relax" Dakota met his gaze "He's speaking with the Zygerrian military leader, I don't think they're sitting around and having tea"

"What if he needs our help?" Anakin spat back.

"Then we'll help him" Dakota crossed her arms as Captain Rex approached with Jesse and Tup following behind him.

"Generals, we've returned from our patrol. There's nothing to report" he said while standing up straight in front of the superior officers. Ahsoka glanced down to the ground with slight disappointment.

"I'm getting the feeling that they may have transported the civilians off-world" Dakota brought her fingers up to her chin "it would explain Admiral Yularen's bio-scan which returned with negative results"

"Where would they have taken the colonists?" Ahsoka asked.

Dakota turned and glanced up to the top of the tower where Obi-wan was "Maybe Obi-wan will find out for us"

"Wait, guys! Listen!" Anakin motioned swiftly, waving for everyone to gather around him again. The comm link on his wrist had suddenly beeped to life. Dakota stepped closer beside Ahsoka. They were now able to hear Obi-wan's conversation with the enemy Military leader. He must have activated his comm in secret to allow for the Jedi below to listen in without being detected.

"Smart old man" Dakota whispered to herself with a small smile.

"You are no doubt aware that your droid forces have been destroyed and that you are surrounded" Obi-wan's voice filled their ears. He was in the middle of his conversation "Do the honorable thing and give up now, D'Nar. I promise you will receive fair treatment"

"You've broken through my defenses. You think you've won.. think again" the Zygerrian leader retorted "I have planted bombs all over the city, no one will survive. Now, surrender"

Dakota shot her green eyes up to Anakin at the mention of the several bombs located throughout the city.

"If you are not bluffing then I must concede" Obi-wan sighed "but, you'll have to make considerations. First, you release the colonists"