49 | Shadow of the Enemy

Narrator: Kidnapped! During a Separatist invasion of the planet Kiros, thousands of peaceful colonists were abducted by Zygerrian slavers

Narrator: Kidnapped! During a Separatist invasion of the planet Kiros, thousands of peaceful colonists were abducted by Zygerrian slavers. Determined to find the missing colonists, the Jedi travel to Zygerria... home to the galaxies most notorious slave empire. Despite her repeated requests, Jedi Master Mace Windu has ordered his former Padawan Jedi Master Dakota Ky to remain on the cruiser as Anakin, Obi-wan, and Ahsoka continue on with the mission of finding the colonists.

💫

She stood alone at the front of the bridge, soaking in the blue rays of deep hyperspace as the attendants on the cruiser worked quietly around her. The 501st was in route to the planet called Zygerria, located far out in the outer rim, away from the eyes of the central Republic. It's suspected that that's where the missing Togruta colonists were taken. It was now only a matter of time.

In her mind, she grumpily turned over her Masters words that instructed her to remain on the ship while the rest of the team infiltrates the Zygerrian planet. She knew better than to speak out against her Masters wishes so she remained silent, keeping her tongue in between her teeth until it nearly bled.

The bridge doors slid open and Ahsoka Tano strolled in, decked out in a traditional blue Togruta ceremonial outfit to play the part of a captured slave. Obi-wan and Anakin were disguising themselves as Zygerrian soldiers as well to blend in. Those two were down below preparing the ship for departure "look at you, kid" Dakota complimented, turning away from the window to see her friend "I'd where that myself... although that may be cultural appropriation"

"I'm sure you could pull it off.. but I think you'd prefer one that comes in the color black" she replied.

"You know me so well" Dakota shrugged humorously, but her smile faded as she once again realized that they'd be going on the mission without her. Knowing that she wouldn't be by their side seeped under her skin like a parasite.

"I wish you were coming along today" Ahsoka sighed "being around all those boys gets old really quick"

Dakota's eyes squinted slightly as she crossed her arms "Can't argue with Master Windu's orders... although there are times where I wish I could"

Ahsoka nodded, raising her eyebrow "I find myself arguing with Master Skywalker far more than agreeing with him" she admitted.

"Well that's because it's Anakin" Dakota reminded, lifting her pointer finger "he's still a young guy himself, he's learning and growing just as you are. And Master Windu..." her voice trailed off "he doesn't allow room for arguments or disputes, his word is law. But... it's not a bad thing"