you're tired

You had spent the entire day out on the town together. It was late now and the business of the day was starting to catch up with you.

Hailee, however, was still feeling pretty energized. She had suggested you watch a movie together before bed, but she secretly hoped to sneak another in beforehand.

It's been a while since she's had time to spend with you. It seems like her schedule has been more hectic than ever before and while she's having fun and feeling grateful, it's definitely nice to spend time with you.

She let out a sigh of happiness. You laid in bed together; your head comfortably placed on her chest while the movie played and one of the fluffiest blankets was placed over you both to keep you warm and cozy.

"I've had the best day with you, baby." Hailee said as she looked down at you, expecting to find your gaze either on the tv or on her. But what she saw instead was you struggling to keep your heavy eyes open.

"Oh, y/n," Hailee whispered, watching as your head tilted up. Your eyes met and she could see how exhausted you looked. "You look so tired..."

You tiredly nodded your head. "I am."

"Then sleep, lovely."

You shook your head causing Hailee to frown. "Why not?" She wondered as she started to brush her fingers through your hair. She knew it calmed you down and when you were sleepy or couldn't fall asleep, it was the tactic she always used to help lull you to sleep. Even now, as you tried to stay awake, your eyes seemed to grow heavier and heavier as her fingers moved through your smooth hair.

"I'm relishing spending time with you. Besides, I know you wanted to watch this and I wanna stay awake for you."

Hailee smiled a little but you could see the look of unhappiness swimming in her eyes. "Honey, as much as I love spending time with you, I know you're tired and you should get some sleep. We'll have more days like this. I think I have another day off in just a couple of days, so it won't be long till we get another day together. We can finish this movie at any time. It'll be here when we're ready to watch it."

You felt bad, but it was starting to become impossible to fight the sleep that was quickly taking over you. "Are you sure?"

She leaned down to press a light kiss to your lips. "Absolutely positive. I'm right here and I won't go anywhere. Close your eyes, get some sleep."

She gently pressed your head back down to her chest. She watched your eyes close and listened to your breathing slow as you fell asleep fast.

"I love you, y/n."

She thought you were asleep already so she carefully leaned over and turned the light off then kissed your head and directed her attention to the tv.

As she browsed for another movie to watch, so she could save the rest of the other one for another day, she heard your voice cut through the silence in the air. "I love you too, Hailee."