CHAPTER 27

What will you do when the sun is absent for a week? Leave a week, what about a whole day? The crops won't get sunlight, people won't know if it's morning, the whole world will be in darkness. If one sun is missing, we are engulfed by darkness, if the trees are gone, we cannot breath, if the ground beneath are feet disappears, I don't think I need to say what will happen.

And the next day, everything is back to normal. The sun is shining high in the sky, the trees are exhaling oxygen, everything is okay. The absence of one thing, can mean alot.

Ruhee had not gone to college for the past one week since she was sick, and work was piled up on her desk. First, is her academic work, assignments, seminars, presentations. Next, was her department work, Ruhee was the president of her department, and that work, was also piled up.

As Aayan entered the room, he stepped on a piece of paper, he bent down to pick it up, and noticed the entire floor was covered in papers. He looked up to find Ruhee, sitting on the floor, typing away on her laptop. She had books and files and papers all around her. She was so engrossed in her work, that she didn't notice Aayan enter.

Aayan was just back from work. He came home early, as he had a building headache. He tiptoed his way, avoiding to step on any paper and went to stand behind Ruhee. He peered over her head to look at the laptop screen.

Nutrient Requirements of Tuberculosis.

Ruhee took out the pencil which was poked in the bun on top of her head, and wrote something down on the book beside her. She left the pencil on the book and continued typing.

I am never gonna take such a long leave ever in my life. It's like the work will never end. I was sick for a whole week, and even then the teachers want everything done by tomorrow.....

"......and not just my academic work, but also department work. I get it I am the president and I have alot of responsibility towards my department, but I am also a final year student, they should understand. I have to even complete all the department reports by tomorrow. Remind me why I stood for the post, again? Oh yes, because I am stupid enough to that think I could handle both the academic and department work." Ruhee mindlessly started blabbering. All she thought she was saying in her head, was actually coming out of her mouth.

"You are the president of your department?" she heard Aayan's voice and she turned startled to her left, to come face to face with a bent over Aayan. They're faces were just inches apart, as they stared at each other. Ruhee's eyes were as wide as saucers, and Aayan just stared into them. Aayan was the first to look away, and stoop up straight. Ruhee looked back to her laptop screen and blinked.

What was I doing again?

Aayan went to sit on the bed, and removed his shoes and socks. "You didn't reply." Aayan asked, removing his coat. Ruhee looked at him and asked, "What?" "You are the president of your department?" Aayan asked again. "Oh. Yeah. Yes, I am." Ruhee replied with pride. She felt a sense of pride when she said that. Aayan just nodded at her, and loosened his tie. Ruhee just stared at his actions.

Hot!

Ruhee looked away and shook her head. She looked at her laptop, and went back to typing.

Bad Ruhee. Very bad Ruhee.

She kept on typing and writing. At times she would pick up a paper and read it, to place it back down. She would take her text book, read it and mark something, then back to typing. "Looks like you have alot to do." she heard Aayan's voice. "Yeah, one weeks worth of work. Plus, the department work. I doubt I would be sleeping today." she said, not taking her eyes off the laptop screen.