(Chapter 15) - Closer to the truth

Ryo's POV

It has been 3 days since we've arrived back at the outskirts of Lungmen, where me and Skadi have been staying at the hideout that i built...

Eventually...

"Damn it, i still lack something..." Rubbing my eyes i stopped myself from dozing off and checked the vial. I must conserve my supplies or I'm gonna make another order back at Siesta...

Sighing in defeat, i sensed someone behind the doctor... "You can come in Skadi..."

"Ryo, are you alright, you must not push yourself too much..."

"But i can't stop here there is no time, i need to create a cure to end this madness..." I shook my head, started to feel dizzy...

She sighed and then drags me with brute force. "Hey! Let me go!" I started whining while the headless Skadi just keeps dragging me to the sofa... "That's the  reason why I'm worried about you..."

She forced me to sit down at the sofa, u turned to the clock and noticed its already 5PM, damn, 3 days but i haven't notice the time... She's right i need to rest for a bit...

"I'll cook us some dinner, please lie down for a bit..." Skadi said and went to the kitchen....

"Alright..." i said so. but something tells me, that my luck has already ran out...

My phone started vibrating. and soon as i opened there was a phone call waiting for me to pick up...

"Timewatch." I recognized Schwarz voice my fellow old mercenary friend. "Yeah, i assumed that you got something to say to me...."

"There are limits to access the control ccommand from here, only Kal'tsit and Amiya are the only one who goes in...

"I see... Well is that all?" I asked quietly dissapointed but i hid by using a curious tone. "Lady Ceylon has found some progress on her work."

My eyes lit up, its been 3 days since she arrived there. but looks like she is very determined to cure her lovely bodyguard. "And i take it your the test subject?"

"Y-Yeah..." Okay why does she sound embarrassed all of a sudden. "Ceylon-sama will send the data." She sounds famished for some reason...

"Are you alright, did the tests go well?" Concernly asking, she replied. "Yes there is not trouble at all..."

"Mhm, well I'll talk to you some other time..."I said so and we said goodbye to our call... now time to phone book that... and...

!!!

What the hell is that smell?!

"It's ready..." my heart drops as i saw the color of the soup at the hot pot...

WTF WAS THAT BLUE COLOR, BAD. THIS IS ACTUALLY BAD.

"Ryo, you seemed pale is something the matter?" She still asked even though the problem is in front of me...

"N-Nothing, more importantly... have you tasted this yourself?"

"Please do not worry, i guarantee that this is Tasty." Giving a thumbs up my dead soul doesn't know what to say as a comeback.

"Ugh..." Just by the smell and i am already about to throw up, she looks at me with a dumb look if should i taste it or not.

BUT, as a man. It's my moral obligation not to deny a blessing in front of him.

"T-Thank you for the food...." I said so and scooped the soup that it even looks like a jelly...

!!!