🧸seven🧸

The car ride home was quiet, Jisung's soft snores being the only sound to fill the car. It was late in the afternoon when Jisung was allowed to go home. Luckily, the fall did no damage but his fever was very high.

"You should have called me first. I was on my way home when Mark called." Jaemin stated, breaking the silence.

"It slipped my mind. All I could think of was getting him to the hospital." Haneul mumbled. She cradled Jisung in her arms and let him grip onto her finger. "But thank you for coming."

"You just need to call me and I'll come running." Jaemin blurted out, surprising even himself. "Well um you shouldn't shoulder the responsibility since we agreed it was a team effort."

They pulled up in the driveway of the home. Jaemin turned the engine off and quickly ran to the passenger side, opening the door for Haneul.

"We're home, Ji." Haneul whispered to the sleeping Jisung. He slowly opened his eyes and an instant pout took his lips. "What's wrong baby?"

"My head hurts." He cried.

"Don't worry, Noona will cook you something to make you feel better." Haneul consoled, massaging his temples. Jaemin opened the door to the home, revealing Chenle sitting just a couple of feet away. He looked up from his book and grinned.

"Ji is home!" Chenle announced. The rest of the kids ran from the living room towards the front door with worried faces.

"For today Jisung will be sleeping in the master's bedroom. We don't want anyone catching his fever." Haneul said, walking towards the room.

"But we want to be with Jisung." Jeno mumbled, crossing his arms. Chenle followed after Haneul, pressing his body against the closed door as he cried for her to open the door.

Jaemin chuckled before going to Mark. He patted his head and handed him a watermelon flavored lollipop. "You did a good job as the eldest, Mark. You really helped your sister today."

"It's okay, Yojeong came and play with us!" Mark happily assured.

"Yojeong?"

"I WANT TO SEE JISUNG!" Chenle screeched, making everyone in the room flinch. He thrashed around as Haneul stood there, unaffected by the tantrum.

"Are you done?" She asked. Chenle screamed and thrashed around a little more before nodding. The girl smiled and knelt down to his height. "How about this, you kids help me make medicine for Jisung?"

"Okay." Chenle agreed, following Haneul into the kitchen. The kids followed, leaving Jaemin to go and get the other groceries from the car.

Haneul put them all in their high chairs and gave them each a task. Jeno and Donghyuck were to squeeze the juice from the lemon, Renjun and Mark peeled oranges, and Chenle had to dissolve the sugar and honey in hot water.

"Hyuckie is a weakling!" Renjun teased, pointing at Donghyuck's empty cup.

"I'm not weak!" Donghyuck sniffled, tears pricking the corner of his doe eyes. He tried his best to squeeze the lemon and was ecstatic to see a tiny drop in his cup. "Noona look!"

"Good job! Keep going until you fill the bottom of the cup." Haneul complimented.

With the help of the kids the job was finished in no time. She put Jisung's dinner on a tray and walked over to the room. Jaemin was inside, comforting a crying Jisung. He continued to rock him back and forth until he noticed something.

"I see you brought all the ducks." Jaemin chuckled, pointing behind her. Haneul looked back and saw the kids in one straight line.

She placed the tray on the table and took the fussy Jisung into her arms. "Me and your hyungs made all this including the medicine. Will you be a brave boy and eat it all?"

"I will." Jisung croaked, throat dry. He wiped his tears as he sniffled.

"Ji!" Jeno called. He toddled over to them and held the warm cup of honey lemon tea up. "Drink this and get better!"

Haneul took the drink and helped Jisung hold the mug. Jisung drank it all, shuddering slightly at the bitter aftertaste.

"Now we can cuddle with Ji!" Chenle cheered.

"His fever hasn't gone down yet. You guys sleep in the other room." Haneul said. She placed Jisung on the bed and began feeding him.

"BUT HE DRANK THE MEDICINE!" Chenle shouted, fresh hot tears streaming down his cheeks. He let out high pitched cries as he sat on the floor. "I WANT TO CUDDLE!"

"Okay, let's eat dinner and get ready for bed." Jaemin said, grabbing Chenle who protested. "I'll take care of them. I'll being your portion over."

🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸

Haneul pat dried Jisung's fluffy hair. The boy's eyes were fixated on the cartoons playing on the TV, making it easier for her to dress him.

"Does my patient have a special request for tonight? You must be so lonely without Chenle." She asked.

"Can I sleep between you and hyung? Like how mama and papa sleep next to me." Jisung requested. He looked up to her with puppy dog eyes and she couldn't resist.

Just for one night. She doesn't sleep that well anyway.

"Wait here, okay? Noona is just going to get ready and call him okay?"

Jisung nodded happily and watched Haneul walk out of the room. The girl let out a deep sigh as she tried to calm her nerves. She walked over to her room and was surprised to see Jaemin and the kids reading a book.

"Is he finally sleeping?" Jaemin asked, closing the book.

"No. He made a request if we can both sleep next to him tonight." Haneul answered. The kids looked at each other and grinned.

"I'm up for it as long as you're okay with it, Princess. You make the rules around here." He said.

Haneul looked over at the other kids with worry. "Are the kids okay with it though? Will they be fine without us?"

"Let me sleep next to—"

Donghyuck elbowed Chenle in the side and Renjun was quick to cover his mouth. Mark just smiled and covered Chenle.

"We can handle ourselves. Ji needs you two." Jeno assured. "We can skip out on goodnight kisses tonight."

"Well, you can get ready first. I'll clean the mess in the kitchen." Jaemin said, walking past her.

Haneul nodded wordlessly, trying to prepare herself mentally.

A/N

Poor Lele, he only wanted to be with Jisungieee