Han Suyin - 3.11

A week passed since Han Suyin was introduced to the army. Everyone seemed to warm up now compared to before. Han Suyin was very friendly and treated everyone equally, something that all the people really respected about her.

The little girl who finally realized who she talked back to, became a little aggressive towards Han Suyin. She still thought that Han Suyin is a weak girl from the Capital who will cry about everything. Even though she was her idol's daughter, the little girl didn't want Han Suyin to be their leader.

Everyone was at the training grounds today. It seemed like this was the day they tested Han Suyin's skills. The little girl was very excited to see how badly Han Suyin would fail. Dressed in plain robes, Han Suyin stepped forward and waited for the person who she had to fight.

Since she had to prove herself again, Han Suyin couldn't be bothered to act benevolent and modest. She had her long silky hair in a braid and wore no makeup. All the younger men and older women who were watching from the side, were drawn to her face. Sometimes she looked like a beautiful woman, but when she cracked her joints, her charm and elegance made her resemble a young man.

It was truly fascinating to watch.

Fu Guan stepped up and said, "Today, you're fighting someone so that we can see your status."

The little girl was the first to jump up and run to the front. "I want to fight her!"

Han Suyin glanced at the girl and then looked back at Fu Guan. "How good is she?"

"Better than you would think." He replied.

Han Suyin raised a brow.

Wouldn't this be cheating?

Han Suyin shook her head. "I'm not fighting her."

"Why not! I'm way better than you!" The little girl puffed up her chest. "Are you scared that I might damage your face?"

Han Suyin scoffed lightly. She looked around and saw everyone staring at her, in doubt. They thought that she couldn't beat the girl.

What is the matter with you people?

Fu Guan didn't doubt Han Suyin's skills. She dodged a dagger aimed for her head so casually, she couldn't possibly have no experience. He announced, "We have our two fighters!"

Han Suyin narrowed her eyes slightly at the man. The little girl came up to her. "Watch your back."

The girl then started circling her. Han Suyin wanted to laugh.

I have to bend down to talk to you, and you're telling me to watch my back?

"And, start!" Fu Guan yelled.

As soon as he said that, the girl pounced onto Han Suyin's back and tried to make her fall to the ground. Han Suyin, feeling the weight of another person on her back, didn't do anything. She didn't want to hurt the girl or the girl's ego.

She tried to shrug her off a few times but the girl had a tight grip on her clothes. After a few attempts, Han Suyin got bored and held the girl by her fat sash, pulling her off her body. The girl came running at Han Suyin again and was about to pounce on her from the front when Han Suyin used two fingers to press the pressure point on her neck. The girl's body went limp and Han Suyin caught her before she fell.

"She's very... courageous." Han Suyin looked around to see the other soldiers watching.

"That she is, Miss Han." Fu Guan said and called the girl's father to take her away.

The father ran up and was about to kneel before Han Suyin stopped him. "Why are you going to kneel?"

"This slave has raised an incompetent child, please forgive this lowly one!"