Chapter 38

Ace's POV

"Ask me again in ten years Ace"

I could feel myself getting angry at Bria by the second.It's always something with her. Every time I try to tell her how I feel or even discuss our future, she closes down on me. It's as if she doesn't want a future with me at all.

I am willing to drop everything in a heartbeat to be with this girl but  doubt she feels the same. What does she even mean by asking her in ten years? I have faith that we'll still be together so why doesn't she? I feel as though she is hiding something from me but I won't pressure her into telling me anything. In fact, I don't want to pressure her at all.

Maybe I should've given her her space after all because she doesn't quite seem like the Bria I first met. It feels as though she is there in body but her spirit is somewhere else.

She thinks I haven't noticed but I have seen the way she zones out easily and is very easily distracted. She has her finals coming up soon and I would love more than anything for my baby girl to do well. She is already under a lot of stress from her mom to her friends and I don't really want to burden her anymore.

She still hasn't told me what school she is applying to but I just hope she gets accepted. I can't wait until the day I get to wake up next to her and go to sleep in her arms. I just wished she had life a bit more easy. She deserves happiness.

I looked at her sleeping form in my arms as she snuggled closer to my chest. I hugged her even tighter to my body and felt my heart skipped a few beats. Something just didn't feel right. I could feel something is extremely  wrong in my gut but I have no idea what it was. All I knew was that it felt as if I was losing Bria.

A few tears fell from the corner of my eyes and I froze as I felt the warm liquid trickle down my face. I couldn't tell the last time I had cried. Probably around when my b**tch of a mom left but that's about it. I didn't even cry when she died, yet here I was shedding tears over some f**king teenager leaving me. Love sucks. Love f**king sucks. I hate the way it feels. I hate the way I feel.

I couldn't take it anymore. I untangled myself from Bria and made my way out on the back porch. The cool air kissed my skin and I shivered a bit. I lit a cigarette to warm myself up and sat in one of the rocking chairs and I breathed the cancer stick. My thoughts ran deep and there was nothing I could do to stop them.

I heard my phone ringing from inside the bedroom and quickly went to grab it so it wouldn't wake Bria.

"Hello" I answered without looking at the caller ID. Big mistake. My annoying step sister was on the other end of the line and that just made me even more furious. I placed her on speaker and continued smoking my cigarette.

"Where are you?"

"What do you want Ash?"

"I want to know where you are!"

"Are you f**king crazy or do you just pretend to be?"

"Are you with her?"

"You need to mind your own business."

"If you don't tell me where you are Ace I swear I'll tell the cops what you did to me."

"What I did to you?!" I screamed at her. Right now I could careless if I woke the whole neighborhood. "Ash I never forced you to do anything. Heck, half the times we did anything, you came on to me remember?"

"Did I? Because All I can remember is the fact that my 28 year old step brother slept with me numerous times."

"Ash-"

"Where are you Ace?" She asked again and I felt the phone being tugged from my fingers.

"He's with me" Bria told Ash. "But you already knew that didn't you?"