3

Three men walked into a big building carrying guns. They wore black army looking outfits with leather gloves and heavy boots. They scanned their ID's and entered the room. "We've found the targets. The dead girl is Melissa Sims. She seems to have just been mistaken for a girl in the group we're after." 

The man in the office peered over his laptop. He wore a black suit and dark glasses. His salt and pepper hair was styled so that it wasn't in his face. He took a deep breath. "DO you mean to tell me that we made a mistake?" 

The tallest of the men nodded. "Yes sir, but we've got it now." 

The agent stood up. "We've killed the wrong person. Do you have any idea what that could do to us? People will be after us. Her family and such. You've put this whole agency in danger." 

"Now listen here. We've only done what we were told with who we were told. Since we have the proper instruction now we an do it properly," said the shorter man. 

Another man burst into the room. He was in his early twenties and wore a hoodie and jeans. "How dare you kill her?" 

"Well, Eric Mitchell. I was wondering when you would show up," the agent said. 

Eric turned towards the other men, completely ignoring the agent. "What the hell were you thinking?" he shouted, shoving one of the men. "You killed my girlfriend." 

"A misunderstanding," the agent sighed. 

Eric leaned across the desk nearly shaking with rage. His piercing blue eyes flashed dangerously. "Let me say this in a way that you'll understand. You killed my girlfriend. The deal for everyone in this place was that our families and friends would be kept out of this. You lied to me. Well, you don't have to worry about your promise to me because I quit," he said through gritted teeth. 

"Eric," the agent stammered. 

"Is that clear?" Eric growled. 

The agent narrowed his eyes. "Crystal." 

Eric stormed out of the building and got in his car. He sped towards the beach and eventually parked in front of his house. He ran inside and straight to his basement. Panicked, he dug through all his boxes in search of what could help him show proof to the cops. There was nothing there. Where was his gun? Had the organization gotten his stuff already? Eric found his gun and loaded it. He grabbed the extra ammo and shoved it in his pockets. He hurried to his room and packed some clothes. He hurried back to his car and looked around. No one was there. Slightly relieved he began driving again. He eventually reached another house a few miles down the road and pulled into the driveway. 

Damian lay asleep on the couch while Alicia sat beside him looking at her phone. Riley and Karen were in the kitchen talking. Brady and Matthew sat in their chairs talking about their jobs. Their relaxing morning was interrupted by a knock on the door. Matthew frowned. "It's not even noon. Who could that be?" he asked. 

"As long as it's not anyone who's dying I really don't care who it is," Alicia sighed as she shook Damian's shoulder. "Wake up babe." 

Riley went to the door and opened it. "Uhh, hello sir." 

Eric nodded. "I'm Eric. I've come to tell you something kind of important." 

Riley stepped inside. "Would you like something to eat or drink?" she stammered trying to get over the shock of things. 

"Just water, thank you," Eric replied. "This is urgent though." 

Riley nodded and led Eric to the couch. Damian stared at Eric. Those blue eyes looked so familiar. The voice was familiar too. He thought back to the afternoon he was walking to the coffee shop. As he kept walking a man ran into him and a voice sounded in his ear. "You're gonna die Damian Anderson." He looked up and saw a man in a hoodie staring at him. He noticed the man's piercing blue eyes and dark brown hair.

Damian's eyes widened. "I've seen you before." 

Eric nodded. "Yes, you have Damian." 

"That road in San Diego. You were there," Damian stammered. 

Eric nodded. "There's this organization that I just quit working for. They killed my girlfriend." 

"Who was your girlfriend?" Karen asked as she took a seat. 

Eric stared at the floor. "She was the girl on your doorstep."

"Melissa was your girlfriend? I'm so sorry," Karen stammered. 

Eric nodded. "She was mistaken for Riley. You two looked very similar. Anyway, you guys are the targets. Now I don't know why. The boss wouldn't tell us that. I can tell you that everyone that the organization has one thing in common. A missing child and a want for revenge."

"Somone made a whole organization just for that?" Alicia asked. 

Eric sighed. "Only the bosses know the cause for that. We were just hired," he replied glancing awkwardly at Karen. "Do I know you from somewhere?" 

Karen stared at the floor. "No boss. I mean Eric." 

There was an awkward silence until Alicia stood up. "We were about to just go and hang out. How would you like to join us?" she stammered. 

Eric glanced at Karen. "Sure, that would be nice." 

Karen was about to head to her room to change clothes when Eric grabbed her arm. "Where do you think you're going, Karen?" 

"I just wanted to get changed," Karen said. 

"You're supposed to meet the two men at the place remember?" Eric whispered. 

Karen's eyes widened and she grabbed her sweater. "I have to go. I'll meet you guys later. I have something I have to do."