xix

CHAPTER NINETEEN.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurent perspective

-

"CAN YOU PLEASE go and be stupid somewhere else that's away from me?" I groan at Kota, dismissively waving my hand at him.

This boy had made us go shopping and then dragged us to this huge ground in the middle of nowhere. Apparently, his dad bought this enormous ground so he could play golf.

Typical billionaire-father things.

"No, I don't wanna leave you," he frowns at me as he blows bubbles on my face, once again.

"Do that again and I'll pour that liquid on your head," I hiss, narrowing my eyes at him.

He grins at me before blowing bubbles on my face again and he laughs at my attempt to move my face away from those big bubbles.

"That's it. Come here, you little bitch." I seethe before getting up on my feet, I remove my leather jacket and keep it back on the bench.

"Run before you die in my hands," I mutter and his smile fades away once he realises I was serious.

"Oh, shit," he quickly processes before turning around and running away from me. I shake my head at him before running behind him.

It doesn't even take me long to catch up with him. He couldn't even run that fast since he kept on looking back at me.

"Got you," I smile as I hold onto his shirt, pulling him back towards me.

"I'm sorry, Annie! Please, leave me." Kota cries out, trying to wiggle out of my grasp.

"Look, there's a cottage!" He shrieks, trying to divert my attention and it works. I glance to my side and there indeed was a small cottage. I leave Kota as I look around the cottage.

"Come on, let's go inside." Kota smiles, holding my hand as he pulls me towards the cottage.

This boy clearly did not watch horror movies.

"Are you dumb? Why would you enter that?" I scoff, pointing at the cottage.

"It looks charming," he points at the cottage with a grin on his face.

He was about to go full-on Dora the Explorer.

"It's probably haunted and we're gonna die if we enter it." I shudder, taking a step back.

"Don't be like that, Annie," he frowns at me, "It can't be that bad."

"You can say it's bad when Annabelle is waiting for you inside," I mutter but he doesn't bother listening.

"The door is open," Kota lets out a laugh as he kicks the door and it opens slowly with a creak.

We enter the cottage and there was only some sunlight coming through the windows, the furniture was wooden with specks of dust and webs everywhere.