Chapter 4:

Beck's POV:

        Two months. I had been away from home for close to two months now, if not longer.  I was more than ready to be back home. I had been traveleing around the country, surveying and overseeing more distant pack lands. I was finally on my way home.

        I sat in the driver's seat of my black hummer, six more just like it followed in a caravan behind me filled with some of my most trusted pack members. I rubbed my tired eyes, and adjusted the volume of the radio. I returned my eyes to the long stretch of road, before me. It was nearly 2 am, and we had been on the road for a little over 10 hours, stopping only for bathroom breaks and the occasional snack. I began to feel a change, I felt more content as we neared my pack territory and I started to recognize my surroundings.

        After about half and hour, I turned left onto a long, secluded road. a little farther down you could already see the lights from the pack house. I turned onto the long gravel driveway and opened the garage door. I pulled in smoothly and closed the door behind me with the remote and put the SUV in park. The guys started pouring out of the vehicles and trudged into the house. I stepped out of the car and stretched my arms out high above my head, hearing the satisfying sound of my back cracking.

        I grabbed my duffel bags out of the trunk and climbed the stairs to reach the hallway of the pack house.  It was late, so most of the pack that lived there were asleep but a few were wandering around. They softly murmured their weelcomings and acknowledged my presence, respectfully. I started the long climb to my quarters and swung my duffel over my shoulder. God I missed this place. I finally reached the French doors leading to my suite and tiredly pushed them open. I quickly strode down the hall to my bedroom and threw my duffel on the floor by the door. I yawwned loudly, and walked over to my bathroom, pulling off my t-shirt and tossing it on the flower. I turned the water on and waited for it warm up, while tugging off my jeans. As steam filled the room, i tugged off my boxers and hopped in, letting the hot water roll  down my back. I quickly scrubbed my skin and hopped out tying a towel around my waist. I walked into my room, surprised to find someone waiting for me on my bed.

        "Gianna," I said, smiling. I shook the water out of my hair and took in the pretty blonde blinking at me under her long eyelashes. Gianna was a girl who I.... let's say has kept me company and er kept my bed warm. There had been others like her before, but none stayed longer than two or three weeks. Gianna, however had other plans hoping to stick around.

        "Babe, you're home. Finally, I missed you so much." She simpered her lips tightening into a pout.

        "I'm home. I missed you too." I murmured walking over to where she sat on my bed. I leaned down and gently pressed my lips to hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me down to her as she laid down on my bed. I groaned deeply and shoved my tongue into her mouth. She began to grind against me, I found her disgusting. No self respect whatsoever, but hey I'm a guy I have needs. I ran my hands up and down her thighs and pushed up her already short skirt up around her waist. I kneeled between her legs and dropped my towel, my lips still pressed to her neck.

        I woke up feeling a heavy weight latched on to me. I opened my eyes and found my face buried in blonde hair. I groaned and peeled her arms from around my neck. She started to stir and I pushed her away from me. She opened her pretty blue eyes and blinked up at me.

        "Beck? Baby? What are you doing?" she asked, her face pulling into a confused look.

        "Morning. I'm sorry to say love, you've been fun. But us- yeah we can't happen. You've gotta go." I replied, my voice void of emotion. I know I sound like an ass,  but I'd rather be honest with her.

        "Wh-what? Why not? What are you talking about? Babe, I'm your mate! You can't do this!" She screeched.

        "Oh sweeheart. The thing is- I don't want a mate. And even if I did, you aren't it. So as your Alpha, I'm telling you to leave my suite. Now." I said with a smirk. Yeah, I wasn't sure that the whole mate thing was for me. I like my lifestyle, no strings attached, no commitment. I didn't want to settle down. And if I had a mate, I sure as hell didn't want her. She was cute and all, not to mention good in bed. But she was clingy and annoying as hell. She cried, her tears streaming angry, red trails down her face as she got dressed and left my room. As she left, my Beta and best friend, Will, stood in my doorway with his eyebrows raised.

        I sat up in bed, and crossed my hands behind my head, a lazy smirk on my face.

        "Well, good morning then. Welcome home, Alpha." He said with a grin on his face. "Some of the men are in your office. They wanna talk to you about something. Said it's important."

        "Tell 'em I'll be down in 10." I replied, hopping out of bed.

         "Will do," he called over his shoulder as he left. I pulled a tight black t-shirt over my head and smoothed it over my abs. I pulled on a pair of blue jeans and did up the belt. I laced up my combat boots and walked down the hallway to my office.  I walked in and all the guys there started cheering. I smiled and took a bow.

        "Alrighty boys settle down, settle down. What's up?" I said with a chuckle.

        "Well Alpha the prison is full of rogues," My blood boiled at the word, "Some have been there since before you left for your trip.  They're starting to get comfortable and we're losing room."

        "Well, we'll take care of that this morning, first thing." I said, smiling darkly.

        "I'll show you to them now." One guard, Logan, said. We all got up and filed out of the office. Starting down the stairs, all the guys started cheering and chanting again. I laughed and shook my head. They didn't stop until we reached the prisonn and had started walking past all the cells. The rogues were silent, but being in the presence of these vile creatures made me hate them even more. I took deep breaths trying to calm my flaring temper. I only then became aware of a strange smell as i took the deep breaths. It smelled like lavender, honey, and vanilla all tied into one. It was a strange combination, but yet it was mouthwatering and intoxicating. This confused me, but I pushed it to the back of my mind and refocused my attention to what Logan was saying.

        "There's a new rogue, Alpha. Came in just after you left. A pretty little thing too. We've all had our fair share of fun with her, if you know what I mean. Who knows maybe you could enjoy her yourself. Here she is," he said gesturing to a small cell. Inside a small girl was chained to the wall, her head down, and trembling. I took one look at her and I knew she was different. I took a deep breath and tried to reign in my emotions. My wolf, Leo, was going crazy and kept trying to surface but I had no idea why. I watched her steadily and noticed that delicious scent again. It seemed to be coming from the girl! She was petite and fragile looking, with her light brown hair in a tangled ponytail. She was slim, but she was simply skin and bones, clearly she hadn't been fed much. Bruises and cuts crisscrossed her exposed skin and I was flooded with anger.

        "MINE," I yelled, stunning everyone in the room, including myself. It dawned on me that this little girl in front of me was my mate. My soulmate. Destined just for me. Fury coarsed through my veins as I realized just how abused she had been. I tried to collect myself and managed to grind out, "What. The. Hell. Happened. To. Her."