Chapter fourteen

Drinks and dreams

"Ah Anakin, (y/n), you made it for dinner, please sit I'm sure you're both hungry

"Ah Anakin, (y/n), you made it for dinner, please sit I'm sure you're both hungry." Padmè said with a kind smile as we both entered the dining hall that looked out over the balustrade and lakes. I'd managed to fix my hair on the way over so I looked somewhat presentable after the rather 'heated' encounter with Anakin just a few moments ago. Of course I didn't feel particularly hungry, I was more falling into an internal guilt filled dispute over all the Jedi codes I'd broken the last few days.

"Thank you Padmè, we appreciate it." Anakin said with even more confidence than unusual, walking round and sitting at the table opposite her while I walked round and sat in the last place set by him. The food looked delicious, just like the meal we'd had back with her parents, so many colours and smells.

"Oh it's no problem, by the way I've dismissed all the house staff for the week, I hope you don't mind." She responded with a smile as she filled both our glasses up with water.

"Oh not at all senator, it'll be nice just having the three of us around." I replied while giving her a nod of thanks and brining the glass up to my lips, taking a few sips of the water. It was times like this I was relieved to be away from the council: being around so many Jedi would surely lead to questions giving my current aura in the force, I'd really need to learn how to cover my new found attachment.

"I'm glad you think the same as me, oh and I thought we could go to the beach tomorrow? Then maybe have a picnic?" She suggested with something that sounded like excitement, eyes shining as she looked over at me while Anakin served me, then himself.

"That sounds lovely, I don't think I've ever been to a beach before." I informed with a smile while discretely pushing my plate slightly forward as I spoke across to the senator.

"Really? Never?" Padmè questioned with a mix of shock and surprise as she cut her food.

"Not unless you count the frozen shores and Doruka, nope." I said with a small chuckle, turning to look down at my plate, feeling Anakins eyes on me and just knowing he was urging me to eat.

"Well then we'll have to change that, tomorrow morning we'll head down to the beaches and swim in the lake." Padmè informed with a smile, sparking some excitement in me. I slowly ate away a few mouthful of the food served to me, and I was right, it was delicious.

"You're going to go swimming?" Anakin asked out of the blue while topping up his water. The question started me a little: after all I think the first and last time I went swimming was probably back as a youngling during one of our training days, and I had not done well with that exercise.