14°

So, sorry for delaying 😭😭
Between today and tommorow, I primise to update atleast two chapters🧡🧡❤️❤️❤️

                                           ~Shade~

I sat on my over-exxagerated bed that afternoon, wrapping the thick sheets around my body to prevent the excessive cold from the air conditioners, and having my school textbooks scattered all over the bed. Yes, I called my bed 'over-exxagerated', because it really is. It's way too big for me. The entire mansion I lived in was.

Initially, I preferred living in a more homely place, but Madam K preferred to be more isolated from the rest of the commoners, so she called them. She preferred this mansion we lived in - a perfect area of land that was isolated from the rest of Lagos, having an overly large mass of land of about 20 acres, with the Beverly Mansion standing tall and graceful, right in the middle of it.

There I was, on the bed in my gold-coloured room, trying to brush off the most I could from my Physics textbook that afternoon. I had spent the entire Wednesday so far at my commercial shoot for Lanflox Cosmetics and at the moment, it was a few minutes past two. I had approximately twenty minutes to go to through my books and some of the class recordings Prissy had sent to my WhatsApp from school that I had missed today, before having to leave for my next shoot by 2:30pm.

Just then, I was jolted out of focus when my iPhone rang.

"Jesus.." I muttered, before reaching out to my lamp desk to grab my phone that was just there on it. I looked at it and saw it was Prissy.

"Babe.." I said over the phone as soon as I picked up the call.

"Shade..Shade..

"Yeah. Prissy, I can hear you.." I said, holding the phone to my ear using my shoulders for support as I flipped through the pages of my textbook.

"I'm outside the Beverly Mansion..

"What?"

Did I hear her correctly?

"I don't know how to come in.."

No, that wasn't possible.
She couldn't be outside the mansion. There is no way they let her in. Madam K was very particular about who got into the compound.

"Shade, are you there?"

I snapped my attention back to Prissy who was still over the phone.

"Are you infront of the mansion itself, or infront of estate?" I asked.

It wasn't an estate per say, because only the Beverly Mansion situated there. But, a lot of people usually called where I lived the "Beverly Estate", because of the overly excessive mass of land the mansion's compound accumulated. I mean, 20 acres of land mass was truly too much.

"I'm infront of the estate.." I heard Prissy say over the phone.

"Why?" I asked, a bit alarmed.
Why was she here?

"I want to talk to you.."  she said. I could sense the severity in her voice, and a bit of worry came over me.

"Uhh..okay okay..j- just..stay there okay?" I said to her.  "I'll call someone to pick you up and drive you straight here".  And with that, I hung up the call.

Dropping my phone back on the lamp desk, I grabbed the Telecom on it and dialled the workers in the house. Few seconds after, I heard the voice of one of them over the device.

"Maim?"

"Yeah hey.." I replied. "My friend Prissy is outside the estate. Tell the driver's to pick her up and bring her into the mansion.."