16. Feeling bad.

A shiver ran down her body, he was standing too close to her. He didn't know what his proximity was doing to her. She breathed sharply.

"No one walks out on me." He said.

"So, don't ever do that." He whispered in her ear, making her nervous all over again. She could feel his menacing tone which was enough to lose all her confidence.

He made her turn towards him by grabbing her arm. She was looking down - she had lost all her courage.

"Look at me when I'm talking." He said but she didn't budge. She was fighting with her inner turmoil. His hold tightened on her arm making her wince.

He didn't like this strange behaviour of hers. He was feeling insulted by her actions. She was getting on his nerves now.

He opened her palm and put the card in her hand, harshly. He pulled her a little closer so she could feel his hot breath on her face.

She gasped at his action.

"Don't ever behave like a brat in front of me. Just do as I say." He said gritting his teeth and unknowingly hurting her.

A painful sob escaped her mouth, making him stop immediately. He could see her trembling lips.

She is crying.

His hold loosened but didn't leave her yet. He looked away and closed his eyes for a second. He took a long breath before speaking again.

He did not mean to make her cry.

"Samaira..." He called out, but this time a little softly. She instantly looked up - her wet lashes met with his dark eyes. They were not cold anymore. They now held something, maybe guilt.

They just kept on looking at each other, standing close - in the same position. He was busy admiring her eyes when a tear escaped her eye. He watched it and felt something sink in his heart.

He immediately took a few steps back leaving his hold on her. He furiously rubbed his palm on his face. She was watching his changed expression.

Anger, irritation, and guilt then again anger.

She rubbed her arm where he was holding her, he watched her actions keenly. He walked towards her again, which made her flinch.

He didn't like that.

"Why are you crying?" He asked her, this time in a normal tone.

"You... are... are screaming at me." She said with her eyes brimming with tears. She couldn't compose herself before speaking. She said as if she was complaining to him.

"I didn't want to. You compelled me to do this, to behave like this. And why are you stepping away?" He said, watching her stepping back.

"Because you are scary and you will hurt me." She said timidly with fear dripping from her voice. Her tears were flowing freely now.

His eyes widened hearing her. He didn't know what to do. How to react. He stepped back again and left, leaving the poor soul all alone.

She wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

"I would have been happy taking your money if you had given me as your right or my right but not after knowing that you think of me as a gold-digger who's after your money."

She collected her things and went to her room with his card still in her hands. She was afraid of him now. She didn't want to give him another reason to scream.

Abhimaan PoV

I sighed heavily.

I didn't intend to be harsh on her.