Chapter 11

This year, we're being reminded time and again the need to spread positivity.

Spread kindness and reach out to those who need help. It's not easy for them to ask for it themselves. Therefore, be attentive and present and tell them that they're not alone. Words make difference. Actions makes difference. Your behaviour makes difference.

Make dua not just for yourselves or your family and friends but for the entire world. We don't know what others are suffering from but Allah does. Ask Him for help and He will reach out to us.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ahan's PoV:

It was 11 pm when I was entering the house after returning from office when I got a call from Riddhima, my employee.

"Sir, I've emailed the details of our new project to you and I've also started working on the presentation for next week," she said.

"Cool, anything else?" I asked.

"Sir I...are you sure I'll be able to do this? I mean I'm still inexperienced in this field..." She said nervously. Riddhima was our new employee. She was quite young but very talented. Her confidence while speaking and her love for her work really impressed me which is why I handed over the responsibility the presentation of our new project to her. Other employees were unhappy about this since they thought that an experienced lady like her didn't deserve such a chance but of course, nobody said anything to my face.

"I'm 100 per cent sure about this, Riddhima. If anything happens then I'll be by your side, don't worry. Nobody is going to say anything to you," I assured.

"Thank you sir, I'll make sure not to disappoint you."

.

.

.

Ashiya's PoV:

I was exiting the kitchen with a KitKat bar in my hand when I heard the voice of Mr.Khadoos, "...100 per cent sure about this, Riddhima. If anything happens then I'll be by your side, don't worry. Nobody is going to say anything to you." It was dark and therefore he couldn't see me so he went directly to his room. I, on the other hand, was standing there surprised. Who was he talking to? My subconscious questioned. Some Radhika..no Riddhima! Yes, Riddhima. Was he talking to his...No way! He doesn't seem like that. And who in the world would date a man with such a stone face! I thought.

You never know Ashu, boys are good at keeping such secrets...My subconscious told me.

But Riddhima? Isn't that a Hindu name? Is this guy having an affair with a woman out of our religion?

So what? Stop being judgemental Ashu! He knows what he's doing. He just needs some help.

Okay okay...so that means...

Yes that means...

Oh yes! It's time to help these love birds, Ashu! You need to help them get united. After all, how long is he going to continue his haraam relationship with her? As a fellow Muslim, it's your duty to help him get on the right path.

Yes, I will help him.

I realised I was literally babbling to myself in the middle of the night while standing in the kitchen that too at somebody else's house. Therefore, I walked back to my room and laid down on my bed. Don't worry Mr. Khadoos, I'll help you in your love story... Sighing, I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

.

.

.

Next day, on the dining table, we were talking like our regular selves when Khala spoke, "Shehzada Bhai's daughter is getting married next week and he has invited us to attend the ceremony." Shehzada Uncle was a man in his late 50s who lived across the lane to this house. He had a daughter and two sons.

"Farukhi?" Arhaan asked and Khala nodded, "didn't she already have a boyfriend?"

"Yes, she's getting married to him," Khala said and Arhaan looked at her surprised.

"Her father agreed to it? I thought he was a strict man..." He said as if he couldn't believe it.

"So what Arhaan? Haven't you heard that love has the power to conquer all?" I asked to which Ayan nodded with a thoughtful expression, as if understanding everything I said. Khala in return laughed.

"The guy is well behaved and financially stable, so what is there to object?" Khala said while sipping on her tea and all of us nodded, well except Ahan who seemed to have heard nothing.

"By the way, have you guys ever fallen in love?" I asked looking particularly at Ahan to get a reaction from him but he didn't even look up. He was busy with his brown bread and some salad.

"Not yet, but I'm sure many girls have fallen in love with me," Ayan winked and we rolled our eyes.

"What about you Arhaan?" Khala asked and he rubbed his neck with a sheepish smile.

"No Mom, but you know I'll tell you when I do..." He said and we laughed. Arhaan was a typical Mama's boy who shared everything with his mother. He never kept any secrets and told her everything.

"And what about you, Ahan?" Khala asked and he looked up, confused.

"What?" He questioned like an idiot and I stopped myself from rolling my eyes at him. Seriously, how can a girl fall in love with such a boring guy?

"Have you ever fallen in love?" I repeated it for him. I expected him to blush, smile or at least get surprised but instead, he just frowned like I had asked him for his entire bank balance.

"No," he replied curtly and went back to his own world of breads and salad. Khala shook her head with a smile as I gave him a disgusted look. Such a liar!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Please vote and leave comments. Thanks.