Chapter 45: Halloweening

LUCA'S POV:

The floor vibrated with the bass of the loud music. The disco lights were way too flashy and hurt my eyes. This place was crowded and I had bodies pushing me from every side. The smell of sweat and alcohol wafted by and I grimaced. Some girl's huge white and shiny wings hit me in the face as I tried to make my way to Kaden, who was waiting for me at the kitchen counter. Then, I stepped on a guy's cape, making him throw a scowl at me. I raised my hand apologetically and continued walking, hating my surroundings.

In other words, I wasn't in my element. This wasn't me. Raven used to always promise a "small friendly gathering of pals". It was never small. Neither was it friendly and neither were any of these people my pals. A girl, dressed in a short nurse's costume then walked past me, not before giving me a once over and trailing a hand across my exposed chest.

Turn back and go home to Eleoner. Watch Netflix with her and try to avoid the "chill".

Just as I was contemplating my return, two hands rose from behind and trailed down my chest slowly. I turned around to see Nicole, a girl from college. I'd spoken to her a few times and she had been thoroughly convinced that I was gay. She had dark chocolate skin and short black hair. She was dressed as a vampire too. A short black dress adorned her body. I admit it, she looked gorgeous.

"Don't we look similar today? " She purred, pressing her body to me. I inhaled sharply, blushing like a kid. I didn't know what to say.

"Who knew Luca Marino could look like this? You had us all fooled in college." She smirked up at me, her fingers playing with the collar of my shirt.

SAY SOMETHING! FLIRT BACK!

I opened my mouth, wanting to reply to her but nothing came out. I politely, pushed her hands away and smiled at her shakily.

"Have a great night, Nicole. You look gorgeous. "

I then turned and continued my walk. What was wrong with me? Why couldn't I flirt back? Well, let's not act as if I was EVER good at it but I was more confident now. I knew what to say but I just couldn't say it. Eleanor's beautiful face flashed in front of my eyes and my chest tightened.

She's why.

"Aye, he's here!" I heard Raven yell over the loud music as I reached the kitchen. I  grinned down at her. She was dressed as Marge Simpson from what I could guess. A blue tall wig was placed on her head and her skin was painted yellow. I laughed.

"You nailed it." I complimented her as I swooped down to give her a hug.

"You too. Wow, you look hot. Totally fuckable. Speaking of fuckable, tell your little vixen that I'm mad at her." Her words caught me off guard. A number of things ran through my head. Firstly, she said "fuckable" And "vixen" And my immediate thought was an image of El bent down in front of me on the bed, her round ass in the air. It took every ounce of self control to calm myself down. Secondly, it dawned on me that Raven didn't know about Eleoner and I's situation right now. Thirdly, I missed her.  I missed her so damn much. Even while I was with her, I missed her. I missed what we had.

Returning back to the present, I chuckled at Raven, "I'm sure she already knows."

We walked to Kaden who pulled me in for a hug too. He was dressed in normal clothes and I cocked an eyebrow.

"Where's your costume?"

He took a swig of his beer and smirked, "I'm dressed as the hottest guy in the wo-"

Raven interjected, "You look like gorilla shit."

Here we go.

Kaden faked an offended look and dropped his mouth open.