Ch18- Hells Arena

(Illumi needs more appearances in this story.. So I'm pitting him in Heavens Arena, cause why not!)

(Y/N)'s POVOnce we've gotten to Heavens Arena, I froze

(Y/N)'s POV
Once we've gotten to Heavens Arena, I froze... I didn't know what to do. I stare up at the tall tower, as I feel the world revolving in my head. A lot of bad things can happen in life. But this is different.. This place, all the people I've slaughterd. They will haunt me forever..

"(Y/N)-chan~" I see a hand wave in front of my face. "What?" I say, returning back to my normal state. "You left the light for a second. Just making sure you're still ripe~☆" Hisoka winks at me and opens the front door.

"After you~" Hisoka gestures me to go inside. I hesitate, but Inuki licks my face, motioning me that it's all good. I walk inside and go towards the front desk. "Hello, welcome to Hea- uh.." I stare down at the woman, at the front desk.

When I walk into a place, that I deeply regret walking into. My (e/c) eyes turn into a colorless monotone. Those whoever dare to make eye contact with them, are bound to be stuck in a pool of black and white.

There is no escape of the apathetic ocean of despair. There is no way out. Even when you are desperate enough to swim up to the surface. You'll just stay stuck in the abyss, as the water fills your lungs. Those are the same eyes...

That day.. When everything fell into place.. The roaring cheers of the big crowds, the echoes over the microphone, the rumbles of determined fighters. No.. Laughter was heard, sour voices being thrown. All that...

Leading to silence... It could even take a crack of sharp glass to break to the word, silence. The noises from the crowd disappeared. The fighting stopped... All there was, was blood.. So much blood.. And those dim eyes that I own.

That was the last day, I have ever seen the light. I heard, that the only thing that will ever pull someone out of the darkness...is love. But I didn't believe that.. After all.. Who will ever believe in the myths from those books.

No one will come and save me from the dark. And to be honest.. I didn't really shift myself into a child just to trick people.. I did it because I wanted to feel the thrilling sensation, of what it was like to be a happy, go lucky kid.

But we all know how that turned out.. Roller blades.. What was I thinking.? "(Y/N)-chan~" I look up from the floor to see Hisoka. "Come on, I already signed in for you~" He smiles and goes to the elevator.

I hold onto Inuki and stand beside Hisoka, as we go up on the floor I was left on.. Yeah, turns out Heavens Arena still let me stay in my original position after what happened. "How long did it take you to reach this floor~?"

Hisoka glances at me, as I stare at the door in front of me. "About a month.." I say, in a deep, monotone, womanly voice. "Quite impressive for you, my dear~" Hisoka creases my cheek, with his finger. But I didn't bother to slap it away, as I was deep in thought.

Inuki goes in and bites his finger. Signaling him to back off. Hisoka makes a ticked off look. But was more focused on me. "Is something wrong, my dear~? You've been quiet since we've walked in~"

Hisoka lifts up my chin and looks into my eyes. But drops it immediately, once he saw how smoky they are. I said nothing and went back to staring at the wall. When we arrived at my floor, we went to check out my old room.

"Yes~ Very nice~" Hisoka chuckles and looks out the big window. I set Inuki down on my large bed and drop down onto the clean sheets. I stare up at the ceiling, as I take a deep breath. "Why the long face~?"

Hisoka looks down at me. "You don't like all this luxury~?" He smirks and sits down, next to my lying corpse. "It's not just about this room. It's about what this whole tower represents." I sigh and sit up. "What does it represent, exactly?" Hisoka looks at me.

"It's the presumption of violence and guilt. Living your whole life with everyone thinking you're always about to do something bad takes a toll." I think back to the day when I challenged a floor master.

"You know what they say about fighting~ Just keep trying~" Hisoka smiles at me, but I don't budge. "Hmph.. Sounds like your dating life." I snap and look the other direction. "Well, I am what they call an aphro- yeah, okay.."

I cover his mouth and stand up from my bed. "Cheer up~ After all, I'm here to keep you company~♡" He smiles at me and holds me by the waist. I get ticked off and grab his arm, flipping him over on the floor.

"You'll have to make it to this floor first." I scoff and walk to the kitchen. "Right~" He grunts and gets off the floor. "Well then~ I shall see you tomorrow~" He blows me a kiss and walks out of my room. I froze, at a sudden realization.

'Tomorrow...' I check the calendar on the wall. "Tomorrow is my birthday..." A tear escapes from my eye, as I stare at the floor. Inuki barks and comes running to my side. "You're the only good thing in this mess."

I pick him up and hug him. I stop and look at the neat counter top. I sigh and set Inuki on the counter. I start searching through the cabinets, for ingredients of a birthday cake...

Hisoka's POV
Those eyes... I've seen eyes like that before. A look of total despair. The same eyes I've had when I was a child...