20

"How're you doing after yesterday's incident?" Neil asked as he gave me my coffee.

"Good actually".

"So are you gonna say where you were yesterday"

I shrugged "someplace quiet".

Neil kept quiet after that. It was then I noticed that I didn't see Dave or the girls anywhere.

"Where's the rest of the guys?"

"Yeah, they left early to secure your car. We didn't see it at the garage during our morning run, so they went early to ensure it was safe till whenever you come back. Am your ride to school".

I was moved by their gesture, "thanks Neil" I said.

Smiling he moved ahead, "let's go before were late for class".

When we got to school, I saw Mary, Kate and Dave by my car.

"Oh my God, Aurora you're back" Dave squealed loudly and hugged me.

What is it with him screaming like a girl, Cora grumbled.

I laughed and awkwardly patted his back, when he let loose Mary hugged me next, followed by Kate.

At least they didn't scream.

"Hey guys, thanks for watching over my car".

Dave waved his hand before grabbing my shoulders "where the hell where you, we were worried sick".

Peeling his hands off me, I took some steps back, "I went somewhere quiet to clear my head Dave".

He nodded "am glad you're okay", he suddenly widened his eyes and jumped around. Then he started screaming again "girl you won't believe what happened after you left, it was soooo epic".

"Ummm Dave, lay off the shouting a bit" Kate pleaded while placing her hands on her ears

You're right let's rip his vocal cords or cut his tongue Cora grumbled.

Luckily the bell for the first class rang and I didn't have to decide when to cut his tongue.

"I'll see you guys during lunch", I quickly went to my class.

On my way to class I noticed that almost everyone was starting at me, some smiled other waved and as usual some haters glared at me.

On getting to class the teacher was yet to begin so I went to my usual seat at the back and strangely everyone was staring at me.

When I sat down Luke turned to me "hello dear friend".

Ok it's official, am shocked, I looked behind me to be sure that there was no one behind me.

"Luke, are you talking to me?"

"Of course I am" he scoffed, "we are friends aren't we?".

I was about to deny it but I remembered my plans.

A smile came to my face, "yes we are friends Luke, I was just making sure".

He grinned broadly, "does this mean I get to join your crew and sit with you guys  at lunch?".

I shrugged, "yeah but you gotta ask the guys that. And it's a team not a crew or clique".

He nodded excitedly then turned forward.

The teacher called the attention of the class and began his lecture.

All through the classes we had, Rex and Nathan kept staring at me. Jenny was always trying to gain Rex's attention but was unsuccessful, at one point he growled at her.