22

"So we'll do the basics starting with self defense. You ready?".

Liam and I are currently at the training ground but he picked a secluded spot which am grateful for.

"Now take up your stance".

I did but he groaned and ran a hand over his face.

"This stance will get you killed quick Aurora".

I stood straight and folded my arms, "well I don't know how to, that's why you're my trainer".

I purposely took a wrong stance so it could seem I don't have any idea on fighting. I needed to act as ignorant as possible.

Liam stood before me taking his stance, legs spread apart, hands shielding his face.

I tried imitating his stance but ensured to make a mistake.

He stood shook his head and stared at me for a while, "why don't I put you in position".

I watched confused as he walked behind me, "wait...in position how?"

But I had my answer when he came up too close behind me, I could feel his warm breath on my neck and feel his chest on my back. Using his leg he spread my feet further apart, then picked my hands and brought them up, shielding my face properly.

"This is what I meant", he whispered softly.

Cora purred

Down girl down girl.

I swallowed trying to control my body, I was tempted to lean back on him but remembered I had said I hated body contact.

Taking a deep breath I stepped away from him, "I'll try to get the steps and stances by watching you, there'll be no need to come too close".

He scratched his neck "yeah forgot about the whole body contact stuff".

I shrugged "shall we continue".

And we did.

"Well you're better than you were when we began, try to remember these stances. Even in your dreams".

I nodded and flopped on the ground. We had been training for over three hours and I was tired and ready for dinner.

Through practice I had ensured I made obvious mistakes and acted fragile. After the stance position Liam had given me space and didn't try to initiate any form of contact much to Cora's annoyance.

Just as I stood I saw father and Maxwell making their way to us.

Father smiled when he got to us "how was training today?".

I shrugged "Good"

Liam scoffed "good my ass, she was terrible".

"Hey I wasn't that bad" I argued.

"Aurora you didn't even know how to take a defense stance or throw a hook, you were as hopeless as a baby in water".

I glared at him but kept mute, father and Maxwell looked at us.

"Well I'll be heading in. Goodnight", I turned pick my bag and headed to the pack house.

I noticed Liam behind me but since he wasn't too close I ignored him but when I got to the pack house he called out,

"Aurora you forgot your bottle"

I checked my bag and truly didn't find my bottle. The idiot he had to wait till I was almost inside to tell me.

I walked back to him and stretched my hand, unfortunately he had other plans. Pulling on my outstretched hand he tugged me to him.

The act so sudden I feel forward and met his chest, his very hard chest.