ʙᴀᴅ ʜᴏᴡʟɪɴɢ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 : 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐇𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

This was the night all Hell would run loose. 'Hell' hopefully being Yui and I.

"Yui?" I whispered, knocking on her door.

The door creaked open and I saw Yui with her hair in a ponytail and her eyes full of determination.

I took a couple steps into her room. "Did you get my note?" I whispered.

She rolled her eyes playfully and gestured to the piece of paper on her nightstand. "Of course I got it. You taped it to my forehead while I was sleeping."

I patted myself on the back for that one. Genius work, Sayaka.

This idea of mine came spur of the moment for me when I realized that it will only be a matter of hours before the Sakamaki's realize we're gone, and once they do, it will be a matter of minutes before they come looking for us, and then a matter of seconds before we become additions to Kanato's wax museum. Why not send them all on a wild goose chase?

In both our bedrooms, there lies a false ransom note stating that we had both been kidnapped by rogue vampires and that if they ever want to see us again it will cost Kanato's teddy bear, Shu's mp3 player, Laito's Fedora and Reiji's glasses. A fair price to pay.

I let out a sigh, "You ready?"

"As I'll ever be." Yui replied with a smile and a nod.

She grabbed her backpack and started walking towards the door.

I took one last look at the room, soaking in its splendor. It's baffling how just a mere week ago I stepped in here for the first time. So much has changed since then. I wonder if the next bride will find this room just as magical as I saw it, or if she will move things around and-

"Wait!" I quietly called out, spotting the shiny piece of metal and making my way over to her vanity. I dangled the rosary in front of her. "Forgetting something?"

"Oh, thank heavens " Yui breathed out a sigh of relief, "I can't believe I almost left it here." She held the rosary to her chest for a bit, eyes closed, before placing it in her pocket.

"Sayaka, I'm getting a weird feeling about this. Maybe this is a bad idea."

"Hm," I pondered, thinking of a way to calm her nerves. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, we ran out of good ideas a long time ago."

She looked at the ground and smiled before meeting my eyes. "Well," she joked, gesturing to the door. "After you."

I gulped, today was the day we got out of here... at least I hope we do.