Chapter Eight

"RING RING"

"Yeah, yeah, hold on...I'm coming"

"RING RING"

"Hello?"

"Good day Jennie."

A delicious feeling caressed her at hearing her name uttered by Lisa, "Lisa, hello; thank you for the flowers and gift..." she lowered her voice shyly, "...and another invitation."

"You are most welcome, the pleasure was all mine."

"Did your business trip go okay?"

"Yes, thank you. One of the smaller companies had some crisis with management."

"I hope it was all sorted."

"Yes, I would discuss this with you more, but have only a moment before I must attend a meeting. My reason for this call is to ask if you were available this evening to have dinner with me?"

"Oh yes, definitely."

"Excellent, I shall have you picked up then if it pleases you."

"Yes, thank you. When should I be ready?"

"Shall we say two hours?"

"Great, see you then."

"Until then Jennie."

Jennie sighed happily after hanging up, the lingering feeling of her name being uttered with such allure and unspoken passion causing butterflies in her stomach.

...

"Hello Philippe" Jennie greeted the butler upon entering the foyer of Lisa's home.

"Good evening Miss, care for a glass of water Miss?"

"Yes, thank you Philippe."

"Good evening Jennie."

'Dam, I love that' Jennie thought to herself after her body's reaction to Lisa's voice.

Lisa walked toward Jennie, all grace and fluid motion, she reached for her hand and gave the top of it a chaste kiss, causing Jennie a small pang of guilt for having had gone out with Irene two nights before.

"Care to sit for a moment?"

"Yes, thank you" she sat facing Lisa on one of the three sofas in the foyer, "Was it another company or one of yours that needed help?"

"Yes, to both. It was another company, which I own as well. It so happens that the independent auditors found some anomalies in the book keeping. When confronted, it seemed that the senior executives had decided to make company profits as their private expense account"

"They embezzled?"

"Yes, to the sum of 1.3 million"

"Oh my Go..." Jennie was stunned speechless.

"I became suspicious and questioned the figures in a report, hence the audit and the unraveling. They have since been arrested and new vetted managers from my company here, put in place."

"I'm sorry to hear that Lisa; any way to recoup any of the loss?"

"Yes, my attorneys are working with prosecutors to have their assets seized and an order of recompense stipulated at trial."

"You won't get it all back though, will you?"

"No, but several good things have come from this; tighter security, independent book keeping and a board of trustees to sign off expenses. Plus, fresh management perspective just to name a few."