86

"What was I supposed to do? Obliviate the children?" Eleanor spoke quietly into the empty Potions Classroom

"What was I supposed to do? Obliviate the children?" Eleanor spoke quietly into the empty Potions Classroom. Snape had his back to her, but occasionally turned to address his opinion on her nephews idea on letting it her secret 'slip'.

He was enraged over the boys poor decision making. Potter was asked to keep one thing a secret to keep his own aunt safe and he managed to screw it up per usual, at least that's what Severus thought of the situation.

Snape shrugged in consideration.
"In all honesty we should have obliviated the boy as soon as he had found out."

Her red lips pursed into a frown,
"And who's fault was that, Severus?" She recalled the memory of it being Severus who slipped her name in front of the boy his second year.

His dark eyes peered into her own after remembering that incident himself. He seemed to take a deep breath before stating his own commentary, "It's the boys own fault for being such an aggravating pest for prying." He mumbled just enough for Eleanor to make sense of his quiet words.

"It's not his fault."

"Of course." He growled under his breath.

"Of course what?" She leaned her rear on the back of his demonstration desk.

Severus aggressivly emptied out a whole bottle of liquid peppermint into his cauldron before tossing the bottle away with the same amount of aggression.

He walked passed her not saying a word. His shoulder brushed her own as he went into his supply closet.

Severus didn't say anything until he retrieved another bottle and brushed shoulders passed her yet again.

Eleanor began to think he did that purposely, but didn't think much about it as Severus had finally spoken up, "It's just that I'm not suprised, not suprised at all that you take the boys side of things... especially when it comes to, oh let's say— the one thing that's keeping you safe!"

He popped open the bottle cap before pouring it into the simmering cauldron.

"This isn't about my safety, anymore. He already knows I'm alive. He sent Crouch to kill me—"

Severus slammed down the bottle, "—And you're just so lucky he didn't use a different curse then!"

The room grew quiet.

Even Severus knew that his comment was out of line.

Eleanor remained still for a short amount of time before traveling across the classroom to retrieve a new stack of notes for tomorrow's class. "I have to go."

Severus's eyes followed her as he slunched in a regretful state from his choice of words.

He cursed under his breath before walking around the table to stand beside the woman who hovered over his desk to grab all that she could before leaving the room.