{3}

Carmen P.O.V.

Waking up on the kitchen floor the next morning after coming home late from working. I look around and see I am laying in a puddle of my own blood due to Jack using a knife this time. I use the counter top to lift my limp body off the floor slowly. Limping towards the bathroom to clean all the cuts and to take a shower tp clean the blood off my body. Stepping into the shower ignoring the stinging sensation I get going down my back I look down at my feet and see the water colored red due to the all the blood on my body.

Stepping out of the shower before it turns cold I wrap a towel lightly around my body not putting to much pressure on the cuts, so they don't start bleeding again. I stand in front of the mirror and gasp at the bruises I see on my face and the hand print around my neck. I brush my teeth quickly and walk back into my bedroom to go into my closet. I pick out a black tank top that is cropped shows my belly button piercing. For pants I pick out a pair of ripped mom jeans and wear a black belt with it. I wear a tan furry jacket to cover the cuts and bruises on my arms. For shoes I grab my black vans and slide them on as I slide out the door to go get groceries.

Walking towards the grocery store I see a white ford mustang pull up next to where I am walking

Walking towards the grocery store I see a white ford mustang pull up next to where I am walking. The window on the mustang rolls down and I see Xavier Knight. I roll my eyes and keep walking down the side walk away from him. I hear him get out of the car and his foot steps behind me. "Hey do you want a ride somewhere?" he asks. I think about for a second and decide it couldn't hurt to get a ride to the grocery store. "Yeah sure just to the grocery store." I reply. Walking back towards his car he comes around to the passenger side he opens the door for me. I say a quick and quite thank you to him that I am surprised he heard me, but I see him smile a small smile. He quickly walks back to his side of the car and start the car back up and start driving towards the grocery store.

Xavier P.O.V.

Waking up from a good night sleep is the best feeling, but I know its only because I know I get to see Carmen today at school. I take a quick shower and walk into my closet with a towel wrapped around my hips. I pick out a red, white, and black stripped cotton up shirt and a pair of black pants that has a chain dangling from the side of them. I grab some chains to wear around my neck as accessories and grab my air force 1 for my shoes. On my way out of my room I grab my leather jacket and start walking towards the garage.

   Driving towards school I see Carmen walking on the sidewalk I pull up next to her and roll my window down and I see her roll her eyes and keep walking away from me

Driving towards school I see Carmen walking on the sidewalk I pull up next to her and roll my window down and I see her roll her eyes and keep walking away from me. I turn off my car and start walking up behind and ask "Hey do you a ride somewhere?" I can tell she is thinking about my offer and replies "yeah sure just to the grocery store." We start walking back towards my car and jog over to the passenger side and open the door for her. I hear her say I quick and quiet thank you that I barely heard it I could feel a small smile make its way up to my face. I walk quickly back to my side of the car and get in to start up the car and start driving towards the grocery store.

   Pulling into the parking of the grocery store I turn the car off and jog over to the passenger side to open the door for her. She smiles a small smile as a thanks for opening the door for her. I walk towards the grocery store by her side and as if she feels my presence she look towards her right where I am standing and stops walking. "Why are you coming with me?" she asks confused. "I don't feel like going to school, so might as well go with you." I reply as if it's nothing. She just furrows her eyebrows and keeps walking towards the grocery store.

   Walking into the grocery store I get a fun idea. I grab a cart and pick up Carmen and ignore her wines of protest and sit her into the cart. "What are you doing?" she asks bewildered that I just sat her in the cart. I ignore the question and start walking through the aisles with her just sitting confused. "What aisle do you need?" I ask as if nothing just happened. I see her relax into the cart and say "The alcohol aisle." I stop the cart and look down at her and give her a questioning look as if she ignored the look she just looks forward. I head towards the aisle as I think of a reason why she needs the alcohol. Going into the aisle I ask "What do you want?" as I look at all the options. She points towards the Jack Daniels Whiskey and the Smirnoff Vodka along with the Fireball Cinnamon Whisky.

   I look at her confused as to why she needs so much and she just shrugs her shoulders. I get all the alcohol and put it into the cart with her and ask "Do you need anything else?" she shakes her head no. I think of a fun idea to get her to laugh I start running and swerving through aisle fast while she's in the cart. She starts screaming and laughing hysterically as I am laughing along with her.

    I start to slow down as we get up to the register I put the drinks on to the counter as he rings them up. The cashier rings up the drinks and doesn't ask for a id since he knows who I am by how he looks up at me and immediately looks back down and starts shaking in fear. Before I could pay for drinks Carmen is already giving him the cash for it "I could've payed for it," I say to her. "It's not your job to pay for my stuff," she replies back.