{84 Proposition Accepted

Your POV

It's incredible how much can change in a short amount of time, how one decision can have such a large impact on your life. Within a few months, you had gotten your dream job and lost it again. Just mere weeks ago you had been looking forward to graduation, to be free from the university, and finally, be able to do what you love. When you got the internship at BigHit your dream job had been so close you were almost able to touch it. Now that you lost it, you dreaded the day of graduation. There wasn't anything to look forward to who was going to hire a student who couldn't even complete an internship?

You sighed and closed your laptop, there were just a few days left before you had to turn in the assignment. All the hard work that you had put into had been paying off, the assignment was almost finished and you were proud of your work. Maybe if you were able to get a good grade on this a company might hire you after you graduate. It was your last chance.

The whole morning you had been working on the assignment without any breaks and the letter had started to dance on your screen. Usually, Yoongi would be around forcing you to take small coffee breaks but he wasn't here today. He had gone back to his dorm with the other members After his talk with the CEO last week a lot has changed. Even though nothing was definitive yet, it did seem like not only Yoongi but all the members of BTS were getting renewed contracts. It had just taken the CEO a few hours to call Yoongi back, when Yoongi hung up the phone he had a huge smirk on his face. He had been right the CEO was desperate, Yoongi hadn't given you all the details yet of what was going to be included in the new contracts but he insured you that he would make sure you would be included.

A loud ringing interrupted your thoughts you grabbed your phone from your pocket and furrowed your eyebrows when you saw the name on the screen. You had expected it to be Yoongi but it was someone you hadn't expect to get a call from.

''Good afternoon y/n,'' the head editor said in a friendly voice.

''Oh, Hello?'' You answered confused, why was she calling me?

''Am I calling at an inconvenient time?'' the head editor asked, ''I can call another time.''

''No, it's fine,'' You replied, ''I'm just surprised I hadn't expected a call from you.''

''I understand, with everything that happened I wouldn't have expected a call from me either,'' the head editor sighed before continuing, '' you deserve an apology from me, I heard what happened and I'm sorry y/n, you didn't deserve to be fired.'

''What?'' You asked confused, where was she going with this? ''I'm sorry, I am just really surprised by all of this.''

''I understand,'' she repeated, ''Do you think you can find the time to come by my office later today? I will be here until 5 pm.''

''Yeah, that should be possible,'' You replied, curious what this all was about. ''May I ask what this is all about?''

''I have an offer for you,'' the head editor responded, ''but I would like to discuss this further when you are here. When would be a convenient time for you?''

An offer? What kind of offer was she talking about?

''uh, well I could be there in half an hour,'' You replied, might as well get it over with immediately otherwise you wouldn't be able to concentrate.

''That would be perfect,'' she replied, 'I will see you in half an hour then.''

You hung up the phone and quickly packed your bag and headed out the door to the subway. What kind of offer was she talking about? Even though you didn't want to get your hopes up you couldn't shake the thought that maybe just maybe she would offer you your job back. She had apologized and said that you should never have been fired. But did you want your job back after the way they just had gotten rid of you and Yoongi? It could just be about some files you had been working on before but she could just have discussed that over the phone, couldn't she? The whole way there your thought just kept wondering about what the offer could be about. When you finally arrived at Bighit the guards let you through and you made your way over to her office. It was strange to be back there after a few weeks, it was all so familiar to you but the memories felt so far away even though it had been just a few weeks. When you reached her office you took one more deep breath before softly knocking on it.