Chapter 35:

Valeria's p.o.v:

I knew what I had to do, simply call Matteo, so I did. let's just pray for the best. So I called and hope he answered, and waited for him to answer his phone, "Hello Matteo, speaking how can I help you princess" He answered. "Well how do you do Matteo" I asked. "Well let's just say,we all been wondering were the princess has run off too" he replied. "Come on Matteo we all know, we all have the power to find someone if we really wanted to" I said. "But what's the fun in that princess, it's more fun this way, is it not and your right, if we really wanted to we could find anyone we wanted, let's say like my brother, is he not the reason your calling me, why else would you call me" he asked. My face went red, well he had me there! "My, my we have a smart cookie, he is the reason for me calling, which makes me think, you've been waiting for my call Matteo, now that you know the reason for my call, this should be easier to say....I want to see your brother, I want to talk to him, listen Matteo I need this please, I need for him to tell me why he did what he did. I already told Raymond everything, well what happened when I got with your brother, he was a gentlemen when it came to me, we never did anything while I was with Raymond, it was after that I was truly happy, and I finally knew what it met to be in love, I know that I changed, and I'm not the girl he fell in love with, but I have to know, it's killing me not to know! So if there's any chance that he may want to see me in person then tell him to meet me in one weeks times, if he shows up then great will talk, and if hen doesn't then I guess I'll be okay with it, I mean I have too, what more can I do, please tell him Matteo, that if he ever truly loved me then he'll make time to see me, the choice is now his, I'll be waiting bye Matteo" I said not giving him chance to talk before hanging up on him. Well damn that was a lot easier then I thought, now all I could do was wait and see........I'm so mad, if looks could everyone would be dead! I've given this man one full week to show up and nothing, not even a call but nothing, I'm starting to wonder if Matteo even told him about meeting me, but I can't I won't call Matteo just yet, after all I gave him the choice to come or not, I'm starting to regret doing so!! I told Matteo in one weeks time, I had everything planned out, I had dinner ready and no one showed up, that night I cried myself to sleep after drinking a whole bottle of wine, I was mess of emotions, I woke up with a pounding headache, I remember calling Araceli and we both cried over the phone. I never felt so helpless at that moment and made me think that he really did move on, maybe I should to....maybe I could find someone who loved all my flaws and imperfections like he did... Who made me feel whole, but I had just one more week before I gave up... According to my sister, things back home were going smooth, Leonardo wasn't mad at her, he was upset but then realized he would've done the same for his brother or sister, Raymond was still set to get married in five days, she asked me if I was coming back yet, but I still had unfinished business to attend to, I was at lost of words, all I wanted to do was talk to him, why are you avoiding me, was I really that bad, I guess I deserve this for trying to mess up everyone else's relationships, I'm truly sorry to everyone I had wronged, my heart still felt heavy, I couldn't help but wonder how different my life would've been if Christian stayed with me, we would have been married with a child or maybe two, tears slowly rolled down my face. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my phone go off, I answered the phone with looking at who was calling me. "Hello" I said without clearing my voice. "Princess are you okay, you don't sound okay" he asked. "Matteo" I whimpered. " Princess I need you to calm down and tell me what's wrong" he asked worry clear in his voice. "Matteo I'm upset, I have every right to be, I gave him one week to come see me, if your calling it better be to tell why he didn't come if not then, I have nothing to say to you, I'm not asking for much, just to talk at this point I don't want him to love me back or even get back together, I just need to know why he left me!!! Why give the rose if his not ready to see me in person, if he got close enough to leave me a flower that means his closer then I think and it's driving me crazy!!" I said full in blown tears. "Princess it's not my story to tell, I'm sorry" he said. "Then there's no point in talking to you, goodbye, but remember five days left" I finished saying. I could hear Matteo asking me not to hang up on him, but I didn't want to listen to him anymore, I dropped my phone down next to me and watched Matteo call me a few more times before giving up. I only had five more days before going home, but I really wanted to know if I was going back alone or with someone by my side, I hated not knowing, well I need to snap out of it I had a company to run.