•C h a p t e r S e v e n•

Dedicated to ArushiUpmanyu

Song for chapter seven: Sweeter Place by Selena Gomez ft. Kid Cudi

|Skyler|

That night I tossed and turned in my bed. My mind replayed my moms death over and over again until I grew restless and just about insane.

The truck smashing into her, her mutilated body underneath the white cloth. How she didn't wake up when I called her over and over again. I knew she was gone forever, but a large part of me didn't believe it. It had all happened so fast.

I laid on my back, the duvet pressed up to my chin.

You can just let it all out now.

But no tears came. I laid there, a gaping hole in my heart that grew larger and larger every second. A never ending emptiness lingered throughout my whole body. And yet, no tears came. I was numb.

And somehow that was worse than sobbing my eyes out like I'd been doing for so long.

Restless, I swung the covers over my legs and got off the bed. If I wasn't going to sleep then I could make myself useful and do some homework or study. At least that way, I wasn't left alone with my toxic thoughts.

I switched the light in the room back on and sat down in my desk. The chemistry lab report was supposed to be done with Aden, so I would leave that. A small smile spread across my face from the thought of Aden, even though I didn't even know him at all that well.

Instead, I took out my math homework that I'd procrastinated on all afternoon and started on that. Math was after all, something I needed for university.

Maybe I would fall asleep doing this. That wouldn't be so bad...

I'd tackled all the math homework within two hours, before I passed out, my head and body drooped over onto my desk.

The alarm I'd set penetrated through my dreamless sleep just a couple hours later. Groggily, I got up from the desk, grimacing at the pain that shot up my neck from having slept in a weird position. I shut off the blaring noise and padded to the bathroom across the hall, eyes still half shut.

Immediately, I splashed my face with cold water from the tap, hoping that it'd help. It did, but I still looked like a zombie from the lack of sleep.

Grimacing at my reflection, I slapped on some foundation and concealer under the eyes to cover up the dark circles. I swiped some mascara over my lashes and left the washroom, satisfied with the way I looked.

I headed into the kitchen, the smell of waffles drifting up my nose.  A smile spread over my lips as I walked in, but it immediately disappeared when I saw a dark haired woman rather than my mother's signature blonde hair. I stopped short at the doorway, reality slamming into me at 100 miles an hour.