Chapter 7

After I returned to the bounty, Anima followed me to my room that I share with Nya (the room's picture is in Chapter 2).

I sat on my bed after I closed the door.

"Do you need something?" I asked her.

She held her hands together in front of her and asked me "can I.... Borrow your body?"

Borrow? "for what?"

"Ehhh, I've been a ghost for a long time that I forgot what it's like to be a human so... Can you lend me your body? Only for a few hours!" she said the last part quickly, sounding like she doesn't want to bother me.

That honestly reminded me of the Halloween episode of Gumball when Carrie asked Darwin to lend her his body just to eat candy.

I thought about it then saw someone waving their hand in front of my face.

"Hello? Are you still there, Y/n?" Anima asked.

"Yeah yeah yeah."

"So?" she asked.

"So what?"

"Will you lend me your body?"

"Look," I sighed then continued "I don't want to end up in a bad situation because of it, I've watched and read enough possessing stories, but I will lend it to you if you tell me what you exactly want to do with it."

"I.... Want to go visit someone," she said then added "but I don't know if they're still alive."

"Your family?" I asked.

"Yeah..."

"Wait, for how long were you in the cursed realm?"

"Twenty years... Or nineteen, I don't remember...what year is it now?"

I told her what year we're in (I didn't write a certain year so you can read this any time).

"Yeah, that means it's been twenty years."

I sighed then spoke "alright, you can take my body but only for an hour."

"Thank you Y/n!" she said before possessing me.

She looked in the mirror. My eyes had dark areas around them like if it was makeup. My skin was light green like ghosts. My hair was black.

Thank god I wasn't wearing my pajamas, I was wearing my ninja gi.

Anima walked out of the room. Nya saw us and froze.

"Don't worry, she let me take over her to go see my family," Anima said which calmed Nya down a bit.

I spoke, because Anima wasn't trying to fully control me "we'll be back in an hour."

Anima went to the deck and jumped to summon my elemental dragon.

It was a long ride.

"Are we there yet?" I asked.

"No," Anima answered.

"Where do the even live?"

"Jamanakai village."

I mentally sighed. It took us a few more minutes to get there.

After we landed and my dragon disappeared. Anima walked around searching for her old house.

"Found it," she muttered and went to the house to knock on the door.

A woman who looked like she was in her late 30s opened the door "can I help you?"

Anima asked her about her family, not saying that they are her family though, she only asked about the family name.

I felt weird, this woman looked oddly familiar, so does the place.

"I don't know, dear. Me and my family have been living here for ten years," the woman answered.

Ten years? Why does this number sound so familiar?

"Oh, thank you, I'll go then," Anima said with clear disappointment in her voice.

Anima was about to walk away but the voice that we heard next made me stop her.

"M/n! Who's on the door?"

That's... My mother's name.

Give me full control.

"What?" Anima whispered.

Just do it.

The next second, I was the one in control again and my h/c turned back to normal as well as my skin.

I turned around to face the woman who I'm sure she's my mother. I asked her before she could close the door "are you Mrs. L/n?"

"Yes, do I know you?"

"You might not remember me, the last time you saw me was ten years ago when I was a kid."

She was silent, then she asked me come inside to talk.

"You do remind me of someone," she said while we sat on the couch near the woman who called her a minute ago.

My mom looked at the woman who I didn't recognize "can you bring us something to drink?" the woman left to the kitchen.

I looked back at mom "who do I remind you of?"

She looked at the wall, to be exact, at the pictures hanging on the wall, pictures of me when I was a kid.

"You remind me of my daughter, I don't know why, I just had a weird feeling that you might be connected to her."

I thought before saying "my name is Y/n L/n, in other words, your daughter who disappeared years ago."

She looked at me in shock.

I can't keep up with the drama, it makes me sick. Anima thought.

"Prove it," mom asked.

I started listing the things I remember about her, the things that only her, me and the rest of the family know, and lastly, I showed her my elemental power.

The woman brought us some juice as soon as my mom rushed to hug me with tears.

Ugh... This reminds me of drama musicals that I listened to when I was a human. Anima then started singing Hamilton songs in her thoughts.

"What is happening here?" the woman carrying the juice asked.

Mom pulled away "don't you remember Y/n? She's finally back."

The woman quickly put the juice on the table "my long lost niece?! Girl! Where have you been all those years?! I missed you!" she rushed to give me a hug. Yup, turned out she's my mother's younger sister a.k.a. My aunt.

Stay alive~ STAY ALIIIIIVE!!~ Anima sang in her thoughts.

"So? What happened to you?" my aunt asked while pointing at my gi, she's really close to my age, probably only three years older than me.

I took a deep breath "mom, auntie, I'M A NINJA!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Word Count : 1012.
I want to finish this book ASAP, I don't hate it but I want to take a break or something.
Also, the ending of the book is stuck in my head.
And I don't know what exactly happened in the show so I'm going to make some stuff up on my own.
Thanks for reading, Bye! 👋