𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏.

I 014

I 014. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ color of the river ❞

   SHE EXPECTED SOMETHING MORE THAN WHAT SHE GOT. That is with the Underworld entrance. You would expect the dark open mouth of a cave with sharpened rocks hanging from the ceiling. But what she found was that is was a building made of grey bricks and glass doors.

"Well," she said, "this is disappointing."

Percy raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

"Because I expected more! You know? At least add screaming souls in the door!"

The boy chuckled, "Well maybe you can critique Hades on his designs." He said jokingly.

"Yeah, maybe I will."

DOA Recording Studios sat on Valencia Boulevard, the sign in gold which stood out against the black marble. On the door read a sign saying: NO SOLICITORS. NO LOITERING. NO LIVING. Inside the lobby the lights were on and many people were inside, a man wearing an earpiece and sunglasses sat behind the security desk at the front.

Percy looked towards them, "Okay. Remember the plan."

"The plan," Grover said. "Yeah. I love the plan."

"Sure— great," Annabeth gulped.

Ariadne narrowed in on his palm which brought out the pearls from his pocket, and she realized that he was worried. His mom was right at his fingertips, and just as she was going to make a comment about the plan, she stopped, because he needed reassurance rather than doubt.

"Hey," she said softly. He looked towards her, "It'll work. We'll get the bolt and your mom."

"It'll be fine," Annabeth told him. She nudged Grover who jumped.

"Oh right! We got this far. We'll find the master bolt and save your mom. No problem."

Percy gave them all a grateful smile before placing the pearls back into his pocket, they all walked into the lobby together.

Ariadne looked around at the people who sat in the lobby with dull faces, staring out the window or standing while in a trance. Cactuses grew in the corners, reminding her of a hand sticking out of the dirt. The seats were black leather and once again, looked like human skin. Her feet padded along the steel grey carpet while her eyes trailed along the grey walls.

Overall, it was boring. No one moved, or talked, or even breathed. Which she at first questioned before realizing everyone minus them was dead. And that made her shiver.

"Wow," she whispered to Annabeth. "This is nothing like I pictured."

The security desk was raised up, so they were forced to look up at the man who sat at it. He had bleached hair which was buzzed down military style. His skin was chocolate-brown and his eyes were covered with black sunglasses. On his body was an Italian suit that she must have been expensive, a Rose was pinned under his name rage.