{7}

Xavier P.O.V.

When I walked into the bath room and saw all those cuts and bruises I can't explain the fury that was going throughout my whole body. I didn't know what else to do besides walk away before I did something stupid. I walk out to my car and as I start it up I hear someone get into the passenger side not paying attention who it is I drive off not caring where I am going. As I feel tingling sensation go through my hand knowing that only Carmen gives me those I know it's her that's with me. As she grabs my hand she starts to rub up and down my arm and I can feel myself calm down by just the touch of her. I realize that I drove to my own house and not caring get out of the car and go over to Carmen's side to open the door for her.

I walk into the house and upstairs knowing that Carmen is following me. Walking into my room as I sit on my bed with my head in my hands as Carmen stand in front of me with our knees touching. I feel my body relax when Carmen starts running her fingers through my hair. "Xavier," she says quietly, I look up at her with red brimmed eyes and tears streaming down my face. She gasp and gets on her knees and starts wiping the tears off my face as she has tears streaming down her own. "Hey, hey, it's okay, I'm okay, I promise," she says to holding my face in her hands.

"What happened to you," I say as my voice cracks. She shakes her head no and looks down at our feet as if she is ashamed. "I can't" she says with more tears going down her face. I grab her face in my hands and say "It's okay baby-girl, I'm not mad at you," I slowly start to lean our foreheads together to see if she'll pull away. When she doesn't I put our foreheads together and start rubbing her cheek with the pad of my thumb. I feel her relax against my head and lean into me more.

I disconnect our foreheads already missing the feeling of her against me. I lean up and lay a kiss on her forehead keeping my lips there longer then necessary to keep this feeling that I have in me for longer. I wrap my arms around her waist and sit her on lap so she is straddling my legs. She puts her head in between my neck and should as I pick her up and lay us both down on the bed.

 She puts her head in between my neck and should as I pick her up and lay us both down on the bed

As I feel her cuddle more in my neck I feel her press a light kiss to my neck. Wrapping my arms tighter around her waist protectively, but not tight enough to cause pain to those awful bruises she has. Feeling myself drift off to sleep I smile knowing that I get know the feeling off falling asleep with my queen in my arms at last.

Carmen P.O.V.

Waking up in Xavier's arms was the best feeling I've ever had it's hard to know that I won't ever have this feeling again after today. Getting out of his arms was harder then I thought it was going to be. As I get up from the bed Xavier starts to move his hands around as if trying to find me again I put the pillow I was laying in his arms. As he grabs on to the pillow a smile makes its way up to his face again. Grabbing my phone I see that the time is 7:00p.m. and I'm late to my dad again. Walking over to the side Xavier is sleeping on I run my fingers through his hair one last time and lean down to place a kiss on his forehead.

Running outside I look around trying to figure out which way is to my house. Taking a chance I start to run in a random direction. Unlocking the front door I look around seeing if Jack is home yet. As I start walking up the stairs I feel my hair get gripped and yanked back as I scream out at the pain in my scalp. I look up and see Jack above me and start to wiggle trying to get out of his hold. "Why the hell are you late," Jack sneers in my face with fury evident in his eyes. When I don't give him an answer he throw me to the ground and repeatedly kicks me in the ribs. Hearing multiple cracks I try my best not to scream knowing it only gives him pleasure hearing me scream in pain.

AN HOUR LATER...

Laying on the ground in my own blood watching as Jack leaves I start to crawl towards the coffee table trying to lift my own body off the ground. Making my way up stairs I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket "hello" I answer trying to not wince at the pain in my ribs. "Carmen" I hear a voice say as I realize it's Xavier "yeah its me" I reply going into the bathroom to look at my ribs. "I'm outside, can you come out," I stop what I am doing hearing this "um, yeah I will be out in a minute," I say trying to now hurry. Opening the front door I walk over to Xavier trying to not show pain at the feeling in my ribs as it is worse than earlier. "Why'd you leave," Xavier asks as I stand in front of him "I had to get home my dad called wondering where I was," I lie easily getting used to having to lie to people about where I was. "Are you going to tell me the truth or are you going to keep lying about everything you say," he asks with anger evident in his voice "What are you talking about," I reply with confusion on how he could tell I was lying when no one else is able to .

"Just then you lied about why you left and you still haven't told me how you got all those bruises around your ribs and back," he yells with fury in his eyes. "You said you wouldn't ask till I was ready to tell you everything," I say with tears in my eyes as I hate lying to him of all people. "I can't just sit here while you get hurt," he says defeated. "I'm not getting hurt. I'm okay, I promise you that," I say feeling guilty for lying to him.