CHAPTER 28

We have no idea how long or big the space is. The scientists and astronomers themselves are yet to find out how magnificent the space is. And among this, it is obvious that the sun is the brightest star in space, wrong. Shocking, right? Knowing that the sun isn't the brightest star in the sky, I know. The brightest star in the sky is, Sirius. It is twenty five times more luminous than the sun, and also, twice as big as the sun.

We know the sun exists, that's why we only look at it. But only when you try to learn something new, will you realise that what you saw or know, is not the limit. Dig deep, get to know something new about something or someone everyday, it will help you grow.

Two weeks went by faster than Aayan expected. It was already Sunday, and he was getting ready for the party. He decided to get changed in the guest room downstairs, to give Ruhee her space to get ready. He was adjusting his tie while looking at the floor length mirror. He turned around to examine himself. He was dressed in a Navy blue coat and pant, with a white shirt and red tie, along with brown shoes.

He exits the room and moves to the living room, to find Sahma sitting on the sofa, watching TV. She looks up at her son and smiles brightly, "Oh My God. This is so good and perfect." she says, getting up to go stand before him. "You both are gonna look so lovely." she adds. Aayan knew his mother always gushes about him before he leaves for a party, but the mention of Ruhee, was kinda new to him.

The closing of the door is heard, and both, mother and son, look up towards the staircase. Aayan's eyes almost came out as he stared at Ruhee, walking down the stairs. He couldn't take his eyes off her as she came to stand down the stairs, bringing in view of her outfit.

She wore a full sleeved Navy Blue floral satin prom gown. The upper half was plain satin which hugged her body perfectly, not showing off her figure. The other half, went flowing down from her waist. The floral pattern started from vines, going down from her mid thighs, to blooming into colorful flowers from her mid calves. The dress was just few inches above the floor, showing her toes, enough to tell she was wearing black strappy stelletos. She wore a black shimmering hijab with a pearl necklace, placed elegantly from the mid top of her head to fall back. She had done subtle makeup. Little bit of foundation, mascara for the eyes, a light blush on the cheeks, and a nude red lipstick. Not too much, not too little. She was carrying a black sling bag with a golden chain sling. Overall, she looked gorgeous.

Wow.

Aayan couldn't take his eyes off her. He didn't even notice how his mother had dragged him to stand next to Ruhee. He still kept looking at her, as he stood next to her. "Oh My, you both look so good together." Sahma said, which bought Aayan out of his trance, and he looked at his mother, who was so happy to see them twinning. If you looked closer, you could say she had tears at the corner of her eyes. She quickly grabbed her mobile from the sofa and took pictures of them. They just stood their, stealing glances at each other.

"Enough Ammi. It's time for us to leave." Aayan said, looking at his wrist watch. They bid goodbye to Sahma and went to get seated in their car. The driver started the car and drove to their venue. Ruhee was looking out the window, while Aayan would steal glances at her, pretending to be busy on his mobile.

When Aayan had received the invite, Zubair was with him, and that sneaky human had bought up how Aayan, could take Ruhee as his plus one. Aayan had thought about it and wantedly told about the event early at the dining table. He wanted to see if Ruhee would wanna go or not. But when she agreed after Sahma asked, he was glad.

"You look beautiful." he said, looking at his mobile. Ruhee turned to look at him, for a moment too long and replied shyly, "Thanks." he just nodded his head, and the rest of the ride went on silent. As they approached the venue, a lot of camera flashes and paparazzi's were crowding around. Ruhee tensed and Aayan could sense her tense up beside him.