22.

AN: OMG GUYSSS !!
We are number one in #pakistan agskaoandk I can't believe this 😭
We are 132 in #india but I'm sure with our joint effort of me writing and you voting, commenting and sharing we'll reach there too 😭

I was so overwhelmed with the votes yesterday and the comments and today with the first ranking, so here is a small update for you ♥️

I love you guys so much
—————

The harem courtyard was in a mess, some were busy decorating the pillars, some busy placing cushions to sit, some were rehearsing their dance steps, it was pure chaos.

Meera had woken up late, she couldn't sleep till early hours of the morning and was regretting it looking at the state of the harem, she was responsible for it's proper functioning.

"What is going on ?" She asked exasperatedly. After she had made her presence known, she walked to the raised platform where the royal family sat and looked at the chaotic mess which was in front of her.

"Rukhsar Begum please take all the dances to the large hall on the first floor for their practice they are hindering the decoration team." Meera commanded.

"Hareem get the spare rooms on the second floor east corridor opened and cleaned for the guests immediately."

"Zeenat Bibi start decorating with the flowers and Jamila get the lamps placed in -."

"You need to stop exerting yourself so much."

The voice had made all the commotion stop, the hair on the back of Meera's neck stood up and a smile had automatically made its way to her her face.
She turned around to come face to face with the owner of the voice.

He stood just inches away from here, at this point the eyes of the entire harem was on the two, but Haider and Meera had zoned everyone out, it was just the two for them.

"What ? Am I not allowed in your harem Malika e Hindustan." Haider said with mocking pain.

"Of course you are." Meera giggled.

Everyone stood there watching  and listening keenly to their king and queen, they had never imagined Haider being so light hearted.
Yes he was known to them as the respectful and benevolent king but they knew him to be fierce and someone not to be trifled with.

"Are you going to tell me ? Haider ?" Meera asked but Haider had given up on his hearing senses , he was just focused on capturing every inch of her face, the sunlight fell on her, making her brown orbs shine like a pools of honey, her ruby lips and her small button nose -

Meera shuffled on her feet, her cheeks had turned red from Haider's unabashed gaze, she was aware the entire harem was now looking at the two of them.
She stepped closer to Haider, so close now that his breath tickled her neck making her shiver.

"Haider ?" She whispered calling his name again. She then raised her raised her trembling hand and placed it on his arm, and it worked. 

A jolt of electricity ran through both their bodies as soon as their skin touched. Haider was now aware of his surroundings and Meera was now red as a tomato.
Haider cleared his throat, as if to sift through the awkwardness.

"Voh.. I .. I had." He stuttered. He took a deep breath and composed himself.
"I was going to welcome the families our ministers and guests who have come, I thought you'd like to join me."

"Of course I would."

"Shall we then." Haider said and showed motioned her to walk ahead of him.

They walked to the inner courtyard of the palace which was buzzing with people dressed in the finest clothes, people were eating, drinking, laughing the scene kind of reminded Meera of her first night in the palace, the day of the feast.

She spotted a few familiar faces among the crowd, faces she had certainly seen during the dawat, these people belonged to the cream layer of the Mughal empire she knew for a fact.

"Come, lets welcome them." Haider whispered in her ear, he took her hand in his and tugged her along with him.
Her hand felt warm in his, and her stomach did a weird flip at his touch too.

All eyes were on the king and queen, and Haider's little display of affection for his Queen did not go unnoticed.

Inayat stood with Ejaz Ali, her brother the king of Lahore, his wife Mariam, his daughter Zulekha and their first cousin King of Punjab Iqbaal Hussain.

Inayat saw her son walking among all the relatives, ministers and important traders introducing them to his wife.
A smile stretched on her slightly wrinkled face, she was happy to know that her son wasn't burning himself in the fire of revenge, that he was actually giving himself an opportunity to be happy and she knew her son hasn't married his wife out of love in fact due to quite the opposite but at least they now had a chance at a happier life.

AN : vote, vote my precious