𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟐𝟗

❝𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘.❞ -- 𝑶𝒃𝒊 𝑾𝒂𝒏 𝑲𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒃𝒊

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

 The blue and white glow of their clashing lightsabers illuminated the furrowed face of a woman about Astrid's age, her face just inches away from Astrid's as she shoved against Astrid's lightsaber with her own. 

The Jedi had long blonde hair and steely grey eyes, and her jaw clenched as she pushed harder on Astrid's lightsaber, the two of them both fighting to overpower the other. Astrid's face tensed with effort as she strained against the other Jedi's white lightsaber. 

Almost as quickly as the woman had attacked, she withdrew, taking a few steps away from Astrid before stopping. The woman's white lightsaber remained angled upward in front of her as she faced Astrid.

Astrid kept her blue lightsaber raised, as well, and stared at the woman in stunned surprise. Why had she suddenly withdrawn? 

Astrid blurted, "Who are you?"

Astrid had never seen a white lightsaber before, and she'd certainly never seen a Jedi who worked separate from the Jedi order, especially one who had a lightsaber of their own. The woman appeared to regard Astrid with a mixture of curiosity and wariness.

"What is a Jedi like you doing here?" the woman demanded, ignoring Astrid's question.

Astrid frowned when the woman spat the words 'like you' as if in disgust and dislike. Astrid deactivated her lightsaber to show the woman she meant no harm as she replied, "My ship crashed. I'm stranded."

The woman studied her cautiously, and when she didn't respond, Astrid asked, "What's your name?"

The stranger lifted her chin as she replied, "Sariah."

"Sariah," Astrid murmured, looking down at the ground before returning her gaze to the strange Jedi and asking, "And who are you? I've never seen a Jedi with a white lightsaber before."

Sariah smiled slightly as if in amusement, and she gave her white lightsaber a few twirls with a quick flick of her wrist. The white blade hummed through the air. Sariah deactivated her lightsaber and regarded Astrid thoughtfully before she answer, "I am what the Order would call a Grey Jedi."

"A Grey Jedi?" Astrid repeated with confusion. She'd never heard the term before. 

Sariah sighed as she answered, "I suppose the Jedi Order wouldn't have taught you about us." She opened her mouth as if to explain, when there came a shout from behind them-- and it sounded like Rex. 

Sariah gave Astrid a bitter smile and said, "I believe your friend may have spotted our lightsabers, which means it's time for me to go." 

"But-- but wait!" Astrid stammered as Sariah turned to scamper off before Rex could spot her. "You can't just leave me hanging and not tell me who the Grey Jedi are! And-- and we need you! We're stuck here on this planet!" 

Sariah paused, a dark silhouette against the midnight blue sky, and twisted back towards Astrid. "If you're so curious about the Grey Jedi," she spoke. "Then visit the grey rock to the east tomorrow morning. And don't bring your friends."