Chapter Ten - Part II

Jennie stretched luxuriously and then opened her eyes, confusion furrowing her brow; this was not her room, her bed.

Then it came crashing down upon her, her best friend was gone; murdered, "Oh Sa, what happened to you?" she whispered.

Grabbing a robe that was laid out on the edge of the bed, she padded out of the room after washing up and headed in the direction of the breakfast table like last time, 'huh, like last time' Jennie thought to herself, 'Sakura wanted to sleep with her so badly...' she shook her head to rid herself of the thought.

"Good Morning Miss" Veronique said softly.

"Oh, Good Morning Veronique"

"Would you care for coffee or tea Miss?"

"Um, coffee would be great, thank you. Is Lisa here this morning?" Jennie asked as she sat down and watched Veronique gather a coffee for her.

"Good Morning Jennie" a silky rich voice burred causing Jennie to close her eyes and her body to shiver, 'Oh Gods I love that!' she thought.

"I hope you slept well" Lisa inquired as she strode in casually dressed and seated herself, Philippe immediately placing a steaming cup of tea before her.

"Good Morning Lisa, yes thank you....for everything" she sipped her coffee "uuuummm" she murmured in appreciation.

"It is my pleasure Jennie, I only wish I could do more", not telling Jennie that she'd gone out last night and found Sakura's apartment and done some investigating on her own. She had looked about and with her heightened senses seen things others could not; giving her insight to who it could possibly be.

"So, you'll be going to work soon?" Jennie asked.

"No, I have taken the rest of the week off. I..."

"Not because of me, please?!" Jennie interrupted, looking up quickly.

"I would like to help you, if you would allow me, in supporting you through this."

"Lisa, you've done so much already" Jennie said but quietly rejoiced in the fact because she had secretly wanted Lisa to stay with her today.

'If you do not wish for me..."

"No! No, sorry I, its just..." a sigh, "Thank you, yes please" Jennie then amended her reply, "but on one condition..."

Lisa cocked her head and raised one eyebrow slightly at the sudden changed in Jennie's response, "As you wish."

"...that you tell me a bit about yourself."

Lisa's eyes widened then blinked at having been caught off guard at this request.

"You said as I wish" a mischievous tiny grin to Jennie's face let Lisa know she was caught.

"Yes, I did."

"And not the business side of you either" Jennie put the coffee cup down that she held cupped with both hands.

Lisa's response was a nod in agreement.

They ate breakfast in friendly conversation.

"I need to go home; get changed and then call those detectives to find out where to go from here" Jennie said rising from her seat at the table.

"Do you wish to be alone?" Lisa asked.

"No, not really; will you....?" Jennie stopped."I would and shall" Lisa smiled back.