𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏.

I 015

I 015. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ i promised ❞

     THE FIELDS OF ASPHODEL WAS SOMEWHERE SHE NEVER WANTED TO GO WHEN SHE DIED. Period. It was a forked full of souls standing around for eternity. They whispered softly, lips moving like a butterflies wings fluttering in the wind. But no sound escaped them, speaking in the language of the dead, one she was glad she couldn't hear.

Above them, rocks hung from the ceiling. Sharp and pointed, ready to fall down and impale anyone who walked under them like they were doing right now.

Black grass was walked along, trampled over the thousands of pairs of feet which walked in circles, heading no where. It was a miserable eternity, and if it was her, she would try her chance at judgement, and hopefully, she lived a good life.

Ariadne, Percy, Annabeth and Grover moved along the crowds. Some spirits walked up to chat, but once they realized they couldn't hear or understand, they stomped away.

Their faces were mostly angry and confused, which was exactly the name for Ariadne and Percy as a pair. But never mind that.

But their faces were similar to every other, shimmering as they passed by. They were all sad and that made her sad.

New arrivals snaked along the ground in a long line, heading toward a black tent. A banner hung onto it:

JUDGEMENTS FOR ELYSIUM AND ETERNAL DAMNATION
Welcome, Newly Deceased!

Two lines split after the tent, one leading to the Fields of Punishment, which had smoke wafting from it. Lava rivers and minefields with barb wire separating the different torture methods. She could see Sisyphus pushing a boulder up a hill, struggling to do so.

People were burned at the stake, game for Hellhounds to chase and hunt. Forced to run naked through cactuses or even listening to opera. And some, she couldn't watch for more than a second.

The lines to the right led to Elysium. It was beautiful. With neighborhoods from different time-periods stretching far and wide, Roman villas and Medieval castles, Georgians and Victorian mansions. Flowers bloomed along the sides of the homes, silver and golden colored. It had the inviting smell of barbecues and joyous laughter ringing through the air.

In the middle lay a lake with three separate islands, looking like a resort. The Isles or Blessed was where heroes could choose to after being reborn three times and achieving Elysium all three in their afterlives.

Percy gave a longing look towards it, which the girl nudged him. "That's What it's all about, Percy. That's the place for heroes. And that's where I want to go."