T W E N T Y - O N E

Here's the next update! So close to 2K! Thank you guys :)

Once Grayson and Axel leave, I can breathe a little easier. I'm still not completely at ease since I'm still with Cooper, but I feel way less overwhelmed. I let out a breath as I attempt to calm down. Cooper looks at me with caution, and I can't look away from him. I'm currently studying the way he moves- where his muscles tense, where his eyes are looking- in an attempt to assess the situation. I'm not sure if Cooper actually plans on taking me home or if he was just lying to me.

When the door to the room opens, I jerk backward and begin breathing heavily. Cooper sees my distress and walks closer to me to calm me down. However, when he sees that his action makes me more uncomfortable, he stays where he is and informs me that it's just the 'pack doctor' here to make sure I'm okay.

I shake my head back and forth as I hold my hands in front of me as a defense mechanism. The man stops in the doorway and doesn't make a move to come closer, which helps to calm me down a little.

"Hello, Thea. My name is John and I'm a doctor here. May I please check your wounds? Once I give you the all-clear you'll be allowed to go home," he says softly.

"Are you a- Are you one of them?" I whisper, but his increased hearing allows him to hear me from across the room.

"If you mean to say werewolf, then yes I am. I'm a doctor. I won't harm you, I only wish to make sure you're okay. It's my job and my duty," he says.

Without meaning to, my eyes drift to Cooper's, as if to check and make sure that the man, John, is telling the truth. Cooper gives the slightest nod of his head and a small smile to reassure me. With hesitation, I slowly nod my head, giving permission to the doctor to check out my wounds. If this is the only way I will be allowed to leave, and if they say they won't hurt me, what more can I do? It's not like I can fight my way out. Instead, I'm left to trust and hope they're truthful in their claims that I'm safe here.

John checks the back of my head and reminds me to be careful and try not to lay on it until it heals. He tells me to be cautious of my vision, and if I get dizzy to give him a call. He gives me his number, but I don't see myself ever calling him. If my concussion does get worse, I'd rather go to the hospital with human doctors and nurses rather than talk to a werewolf doctor who at any moment could wolf out and kill me in an instant.

However, I still nod, pretending to agree with everything he says. In reality, I'm hoping that by complying, he'll let me go. When John finally leaves, Cooper approaches me.

"I'm glad that you're okay. I was worried about you last night. That vamp really got you good," he says, walking over to me. Although I do tense up at his proximity, I'm proud to say that I remain calm the entire time. Cooper is my friend- was my friend. Is he still my friend? I have no idea what being a werewolf means for our friendship, and don't even get me started on what it means for my relationship with Grayson.

Right now I'm so confused. Just yesterday, my life was normal. Now, my life is so complicated with supernatural creatures, things that only existed in the books I read. I've read about countless heroines that overcome the beasts and supernatural creatures in their lives, yet when it becomes a reality, I don't know what to think.

"Would you like me to take you home now? Doc cleared you," Cooper finishes.

"Where's my phone? I'll just call an Uber. My mom's probably freaking out," I say as calmly as I can. However, inside I'm becoming more and more anxious about how my mother will react. It's mid-afternoon right now, and I've been out all night. I don't even know what she'll assume happened to me, but I need to get home now.