twelve

"So after gaining your freedom, releasing yourself from Klaus's metaphorical chains, you decide its a nice time to kidnap his entire family?!" I say into the phone, wide eyed as Stefan explained his master plan. After throwing the whole original plan, and saving Klaus for his freedom without anyone knowing Stefan literally just stole all of this mans family.

If that wasn't a death wish I didn't know what was.

"Revenge, Scarlett. Now let me get back to hiding with the bodies of the original family in peace." He says before I shake my head in disbelief but decide against arguing any further, as it seemed to go in one ear and out the other.

"Alright. Have fun at your mini family reunion." I sigh before hanging up the phone and entering The Mystic Grill.

In one corner Elena and Bonnie sat and in the other Alaric and Damon stood, already getting drunk.

I decide to approach the latter as the other two looked like they were on the verge of a mental breakdown.

"Getting drunk this early in the day?"
I ask sliding in the seat between Alaric and Damon.

"Why of course, its the eve of Klaus-aggeddon. What else can we do?" Damon says, downing another shot as I snort at his stupidity.

"I on the other hand, am waiting for your brother who is an hour late to his shift." Alaric says with a sigh before sliding me a paper with a large red F written on it.

"He copied the whole thing from the internet, didn't even try to hide it." He says as I furrow my eyebrows at the page and slide it back to him.

"Yikes."

"Aren't you Jeremy's sister? Jeremy Gilbert?" The bartender asks, obviously overhearing our conversation. I nod in response.

"He was fired last week."

"Oops." Damon jokes as I roll my eyes and look over towards my sister.

"He won't answer the phone. Scar, you try, he's more likely to answer." Elena says, slamming her phone shut for the tenth time.

I shake my head as I sip my coke, (Sadly only coke because of Alaric's guardian mode.) "I'm not gonna lecture Jeremy. Thats the reason he ignores your calls." I say as she groans in frustration.

"He is spiraling! Ever since Bonnie broke up with him, he's moody and never talks to anyone!" She exclaims pacing the bar.

I bite on my straw as me and Damon exchange looks of amusement and slight annoyance. Babying Jeremy has never worked out for Elena. From personal experience I understand why.

"He'll be fine. Typical teenager behavior." Damon shrugs it off, shooting darts nonchalantly.

I nod in agreement from my seat.

"He has lost everyone, he's not a typical teen, Damon." She sighs.

"Not everyone, he has you two. He has his family." He states as I again nod in agreement, hoping Elena will get over her constant worrying. She was almost starting to act like a helicopter parent.

I'm just thankful it hadn't been towards me this time.

I zone out at the rest of the conversation, Damon's teasing and flirting and Elena's flustered responses. I grew bored of it whenever I was around them.

"Don't mind me." A voice snapped me out of my thoughts as Klaus and some guy approach the three of us.

"Klaus." Elena says, warningly as I look up at the man who was proudly wearing a smile.