XXVI: together

"Ready to go, love?" Yoongi peeks over at Chunhei, who had finished eating quickly and went back to hiding her face in my neck. 

I was really worried for Chunhei. This kid loves anything chocolate, but today, she ate three bites and claimed she was full. She sat silently and ignored Noah and Haru's calls to her. The tears, although they slowed, never stopped falling from her brown eyes. 

Chunhei simply responded with a nod. 

"I think we need to take her home," Yoongi sighs, picking up the few shopping bags we had and helping me get up from the chair. 

I move to get up and, in the process, had to lift Chunhei's head out of my neck. The action wasn't met lightly. 

"No mummy!" She panics, tightening her grip on me. 

"I've got you, sweet girl. Mummy's just getting up," I reassure her, stroking her back softly. 

"Don't let go, please," She whimpers, tears falling at a faster rate. 

Everyone sitting around the table breaks at the words that just left the little girl's mouth. 

"Let me at her next time," Sora frowns, "Should've punched her when I had the chance."

"I won't, baby girl," I kiss her head. 

All the uncles get up from their seats and crowd around Chunhei, showering her in hugs, kisses, and reassuring words to try and get her to cheer up. 

"Thank you for such a fun day, little Min! Uncle Minnie had so much fun ice-skating with you," Jimin kisses her head and giving her arm a squeeze. 

"See you soon, butterfly. Uncle Tae loves you so much." 

"Come and play Mario Kart again soon, Chunnie. We can beat the others again!" Jungkook tickles her slightly, earning a few giggles from the girl. 

Jin, Namjoon, and Hoseok each send her off with a hug and kiss before Noah comes and gives her the biggest hug possible while she continues to cling to me. Haru blows her millions of kisses as we exit the ice-cream shop and make our way to the car.

As we walk to the car, Yoongi wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me closer. 

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that, YN," He whispers, placing a kiss on my cheek. 

"It's okay, love," I reassure, returning the kiss, "I'm just worried about Chunnie."

"We'll take it one step at a time," Yoongi responds, unlocking the car and placing the bags in the trunk, "We can do this. We're a strong family."

I open the backseat door and move to place Chunhei in her seat, but she immediately fights against it. 

"Mummy no!" She tiredly croaks out, clearly worn out from the crying, "Stay with me please. I want daddy, too." 

Yoongi walks over and sees the situation, throwing me a small frown. 

"I think she just wants to be near us as much as possible. Yuna said a lot of things that probably confused her and right now, we're the most familiar and comforting thing to her." 

I adjust the way I'm carrying Chunhei and sigh, "We gotta drive home, bubba. mummy will sit with you in the back, but daddy has to drive. Will that be okay?"

She stares at Yoongi for a few seconds before nodding her head, extending her arms out to Yoongi. 

Yoongi reaches forward and takes Chunhei into his arms, placing multiple kisses all over her face, "Daddy will drive home then we can cuddle for the rest of the day. Is that okay, my love?"