• 87 •

Author's note: A correction from my end, this arc will have 2 soul fragments appearing instead!

Cecil knocked on the clinic door, opening it and she stepped in. Since it was time for her to head back to her hometown, she wore back her own maroon gown.

She didn't care to wear a new dress, since she was in a hurry to set off.

"Uhmm...I'm here to return the ointments, again..."

The healer was concocting a herbal mixture on her table, leaning her head back.

"You are finally back with my things?"

Cecil offered the healer an apologetic smile as she returned the ointments. The healer took them back without saying a word, raising an eyebrow when Cecil hasn't left.

"Why are you still here?"

"That...I am actually withdrawing from the academy."

The healer showed no reaction, nodding nonchalantly. "I see."

"Thank you for everything!" Cecil bowed. "I learnt a few things about medicine because of you, and I came to love it as well! I will continue to learn about medicine, and thank you for loaning me all your books."

Cecil looked up, and she was surprised to see the healer gone. She glanced around, seeing the healer heading to another cupboard at the end of the room, filled with books. She took out a couple of books, walking over and shoving them onto Cecil.

"Take these books."

"...?"

"They are farewell gifts."

Cecil widened her eyes, knowing these were all medical books. She had never loaned this before to read either, and she was excited at the thought of reading it.

"Farewell gifts? But..."

The healer that Cecil always knew to be nonchalant and direct, was now smiling kindly at her.

"One day, I hope you can become a great healer yourself."

Though Cecil hadn't been in this academy for long, for the time she was here, she had certainly formed a connection with the people she met. She inhaled deeply, blinking rapidly as she felt something stinging at her eyes.

Without another word, she placed the books aside and gave the healer a hug.

"Thank you."

The healer was surprised, before giving Cecil a hug back.

***

Hana and Xue stood outside the gates, a carriage sending them back to their hometown had been prepared by the principal.

Hana donned a dress of her own, reaching down past her knees, showing off her bare neck and shoulders. The dress was a mixture of white and blue, with a simple design.

She wore the protective glove that Xue had given her as well, and wearing back the same old hairstick Xue gave to her, on her head.

Meanwhile, Xue was dressed in an outfit that Hana had insisted on buying for him when they were exploring the town before. It was a long brown pants, and a matching belt, and a brown shirt with sleeves that reached his elbows. He wore a matching set of brown and white boots to match the outfit too.

In order to complete the look, Hana even threw on a orange-reddish cloak in, the cloak didn't touch the floor, instead, it reached down his back, stopping around his hips.