*1*

Your POV:-

"Happy birthdayyyy baby...."

You grinned widely, entering into his room with a cake in your one hand, while the other one was open to scoop him in a hug. He gave you a small smile, before scooting down fr.om the bed and walking towards you.

"What are you so excited about..?"

He rolled his eyes, still taking your hug.

"Of course I would be excited, it's your birthday cummon"

You squealed in happiness but he looked evidently bored.

"Gosh! The same old cake?"

He shook his head, seeing the chocolate cake which you baked for him, but you still smiled.

"But chocolate cake is your favourite baby...."

You reasoned and he sat back in the bed.

"Not when you make me cut the same cake for the last 8 years."

He sighed and you blinked your eyes. By then his phone started ringing.

"Happy birthday Taehyung!!"

His friends yelled from the other side of the call and he laughed merrily, the laugh which he used to give you before, but now it is reserved for his friends but not for you.

"Baby let's cut the cake..."

You said after half an hour, as he kept talking over the call, while you still stood there with his, once favourite cake, in your hands.

"Can't you see I am on a call...?"

He crooked his eyebrows, shooting a glare at you.

"But you can atleast cut the cake baby. It would--"

You couldn't even complete as he walked towards you, snatching the cake from your hands. Cutting a slice of the cake, he stuffed it in your mouth forcefully.

"You are damn irritating! I hope you are happy now."

He snarled angrily, and then walked out of the room.

Your eyes glistened a little, seeing his rudeness, but you didn't shed any tears.

"Happy birthday...."

You murmured softly, feeling disheartened, that he didn't even taste it a bit.

"It's his birthday today, let it be."

You thought, sliding away the little heart ache which you had, and then dumped the rest of the cake in the kitchen dustbin. 

Though you didn't liked to waste food, still you lost appetite to eat it anyways. In initial days, it took you so much time to learn baking a cake, most probably his favourite cake, so that you can bake it for him in his every birthday. He used to appreciate your efforts so much but with time, you still kept on putting efforts but he decided to become less appreciative.

Taehyung and you were childhood sweethearts. Eight years weren't a less time. For you, he was the best partner, you could have ever had. He loved you. He did. But with time, his behaviour changed.

He was once very loving and caring towards you, but now he was becoming ignorant. It's not like he stopped loving you, but he was so used to the fact that you love him the most in the world,which made him confident enough that you will  never leave him, come what may.

He knows that you were his and that you will always be his.

It was indeed true. You can never leave him, no matter how he treats you. You loved him way too much to let him go. Your obvious love towards him made him take you for granted, but you were blind enough to notice it.

"Was loving him with all my heart wrong?"

You used to question this to yourself sometimes, but never got an answer to it. He was like the star and you were his moon. He was taking away all your light, but slowly and steadily making you void of itself.

____________________________________

Tell me if you liked it❤️