Bucky Barnes X Reader - Here Comes The Sun

A/N - This chapter is based off of the song 'Here Comes The Sun' by The Beatles. I feel like we all need to be putting as much positivity into the world as possible at the moment, and this song gives me very positive vibes. It's a little short, but I hope you all enjoy it.

Bucky had told you, from the moment you had both returned to the real world, that things would get better. Just wait and see, he had murmured, holding you close to his chest as you sobbed over the damage that had been done to your planet, it'll all be fine. There wasn't a single person alive that you would have believed those words from, except for him. Everyone else had always been so positive and they had been wrong, but Bucky was a realist. He saw the world for what it was, and he wasn't going to lie to save your feelings. It was one of the first things that had made you fall in love with him. 

When you had woken up this morning, you had realised just how true his statement had been. Laying in your warm bed with his arms wrapped around you, holding you close to his chest and surrounding you with his smell, everything was alright. And God, you were so certain that it was only going to get better. 

You rolled your shoulders, stretching slightly within Bucky's embrace. A small sigh escaped him, a smile pulling at his lips as he tightened his hold on you. "Morning," you murmured, freeing your arm to reach up and touch his jaw. He truly was very pretty, and a smile of your own came to your lips as his eyes finally fluttered open, finding you immediately.

"Good morning, my little darling," he uttered, his voice gravelly with sleep as he leant in to give you a soft kiss. A contented sigh slipped through your lips when he pulled away, making his smile grow as he nuzzled into your neck. "Someone is sounding awfully happy this morning," he mumbled against your skin, causing you to let out a soft chuckle as his lips brushed your skin.

"Happier than ever," you started your hand moving up to run through his hair. You had been a little sad when he's first decided to cut it, but you'd grown to love it just as much as when he'd had it long. "How can I not be when I get to wake up to this?" you added, feeling him let out a soft laugh against your collar bone. 

He pulled away from you, shifting to take your face in both of his hands and drawing you in for a proper kiss. "I'm glad you're happy," he uttered as he pulled away again, pressing his forehead against yours. "Made me sad to see that grumpy little frown on your lips all the time," he added, a small smile pulling at his lips as you shot him a teasing glare. 

"You can hardly criticise, Mr Resting Bitch Face," you cried out, watching as a smirk pulled at his lips. 

He remained silent for a moment, before shaking his head and pulling you back to his chest as you wriggled in his grip. "You are so lucky that I love you," he told you, nudging you in the side of the head with his nose. "Or I probably wouldn't have let that Resting Bitch Face comment slide."

Yeah, Bucky had been right. Better days had been coming all along, and you'd just had to weather the hard ones to find them. And with him at your side, it had been that little bit easier.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x