Chapter 24

"Have you decided what you're going to say to him?" Maddie asked, sitting next to me on the couch.

"Besides fuck you?" I laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

Maddie didn't even grin, she actually looked worried. I sighed, sinking back into the couch, "not really, no. Shit, maybe you should just tell him not to come."

"Way ahead of you," she said typing furiously on her phone.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, waiting for his reply. Her phone finally went off and I watched as her face dropped when she opened the text.

"Shit," she whispered, a mixture of shock and anger in her voice.

"What's-"

*Knock, knock*

"He's already here," Maddie sighed, gritting her teeth.

She got up off the couch and answered the door, letting Andrew in.

"Hey, how've you been?" She asked in a friendly tone, but I could tell she was faking it. He wrapped her in a hug which she barely returned. She patted his back awkwardly and pulled away.

" I've been good," he turned his gaze to me and smiled widely, "Hey Alex, been a while. How are you?"

"Fan-fucking-tastic," I answered sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

He looked at me in confusion then turned back to Maddie. "I guess this is why you told me not to come today?"

Maddie shrugged and whispered something to him. I couldn't pick out what she was saying but I knew it was about me. My blood started to boil, how could he act like he was my friend after lying to me. I couldn't keep my mouth shut about it anymore.

"Why did you lie to me?" I snapped, quickly getting off the couch to face him.

"What? About what?" He said defensively.

"I'll let you two talk, or yell. Whatever helps you sort this out," Maddie quickly interjected. She grabbed her car keys and quickly left the apartment. I cursed internally on her. I was hoping she wasn't going to leave me alone with him.

Andrew walked closer to me and reached out to touch my arm. I flinched away from him, putting a few steps between us. He almost looked annoyed by it.

"Alex I'm sorry, I know you must have been through alot. I can't believe what that fucking asshole did." He said crossing his arms.

I snorted, "You're the asshole Andrew, not him. You fucking lied to me last summer! Derek never laid a hand on me." I glared at him, utterly disgusted.

Andrew huffed, "Is that what he told you? You really believe him over me, Alex? He really must have done a number on you."

"He didn't do anything to me." I snapped.

"Why are you defending him, Alex? He fucking kidnapped you!" Andrew retorted.

I crossed my arms and turned away from him. How was I supposed to respond to that without sounding insane? I made my way back to the couch and sat down. I couldn't bare to look at him, I just wanted him to leave. To my dismay he didn't, he sighed then sat next to me on the couch. Neither of us spoke for what seemed like hours. Though, it was only a few minutes.

He turned towards me, again reaching his hand out to me. He was about to place his hand on my knee when I slapped it away.

"Don't touch me." I snapped.

He folded his hands together and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. He sighed in frustration and shook his head.

"I didn't lie to you Alex." He said looking down at his feet.