Chapter 110

I stared at him blankly, my lips falling slightly apart at those words as he held me. My heartbeat picked up and I didn't know what to say.

"Fred — I — "

"I-I know you've got enough on your mind already," Fred started nervously, "a-and I don't know why I just said that — you don't have to say it back — forget what I said —"

      I then chuckled uncontrollably and broke him off, smiling at him goofily. "I love you too, you idiot."

       At first he smiled at me warmly, but then the usual mischievous grin made its way through his face.

      "Idiot?" he repeated amusingly. "I expected you to be more romantic than that, Hooper — or should I start calling you Miss Black now?"

       "That would need some getting used to," I said earnestly, giggling. "Anyways, saying idiot is me being romantic, Weasley. Or do not know me at all?"

       "Well, what can I say?" he said cheekily. "You always turn out to be more mysterious than what I think."

       "True," I shrugged with a smile, before clasping my hands gently on both sides of his face, kissing him softly.

       I felt Fred smile against my lips as he held onto my waist, guiding me on his lap as we moved in sync with our lips still connected, until I straddled him on the couch and hovered above him.

     He pulled away for a split second to look up at me breathlessly, before bringing me into another kiss. Not innocently, like it usually went, but more passionate than ever before.

      In that moment, all my senses were heightened and I could no longer think straight as his lips left mine and in a quick motion, he pushed me down on the couch and lifted himself up the length of my body, kissing me again.

      I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me as he held himself up by placing his elbows on either side of me on the couch.

       It felt like long minutes had passed, but as soon as it all happened, Fred finally pulled back. I looked up at him, feeling slightly frustrated that he had given an end to the moment.

       His face was flushed as he smiled sheepishly down at me. "I think — I think we better stop — before — you know — someone else barges in and interrupts."

      "Y-yeah," I chuckled awkwardly. "Now come to think of it, it seems to happen every time."

       "Sirius has probably jinxed us," said Fred jokingly as he moved away from me and we both sat up, having a hard time to catch our breath.

      We sat there side by side in silence, staring into the fireplace as an awkward silence filled the space between us.

       Fred's ears had gone red and my face had heated up, embarrassed of my own thoughts and of the fact that just a minute earlier, a part of me didn't want to stop.

      "Come on," I finally said to break the silence and stood up, raising my hand for him to take, trying to give an end to the uncomfortable tension.

Fred then smiled as he took it. I helped him off the couch and we started walking downstairs, hand in hand.

"Ah, Mr. Weasley," Dumbledore beamed at us as we got into the shop. "I have to say, your products are quite extraordinary."

Fred only managed to nod as he watched Dumbledore, who was still looking around the shop with fascination. He then took off a box from the shelves, observing it with an amused grin.

"Muggle magic tricks," he chuckled. "A personal favorite of mine. Must be fascinating to see how they work. Shame that I don't have Galleons on me."

"It's okay, I can get them for you, sir," I said, taking two Galleons out of my pocket and putting them on the counter.

"You're ever so kind, Lexi. But you really don't have to."

"You've been paying for all my supplies for two years, Professor. This just covers a bit of that," I said earnestly.

"Why, thank you." He nodded at me in appreciation. "Well... I guess this is goodbye, Mr. and Mr. Weasley. I congratulate you once again on your business."

"Thank you," said the twins at the same time, both grinning.

"Goodnight to you," Dumbledore said politely, walking out of the shop with his box of Muggle Magic Tricks in his hand.

"That man is a real wonder," said George blankly, watching him leave.

"It was nice seeing you, Lex," said Fred, grinning down at me.

      "Very nice, indeed," I said cheekily, winking at him and he laughed, moving forward and hugging me.

"I'll see you at Christmas, then," I said, pulling slightly back and pecking him on the cheek.

"I'll miss you," he whispered, kissing the top of my head before we parted from each other.

"Goodbye, Georgie," I said, walking toward him and bringing him into a quick hug as well.

He patted me on the back. "Bye bye, Snappy."

I shook my head at him with a smile, before waving at them and finally leaving the shop, walking to where Dumbledore was awaiting me.

He then raised his wand and put the protective enchantments on the shop again, before placing it back in his robe.

Dumbledore held the Muggle Magic Trick box with his injured hand and raised his other arm for me to take, so we could Disapparate out of there.

       I threw a quick glance at his damaged hand, but looked away abruptly before he could catch me.

      I took the arm which he was holding up. This time, I was more ready for what was going to come. So I closed my eyes, moments later finding myself back in Hogsmeade.

"I'm glad to see that my idea cheered you up," Dumbledore suddenly said happily, smiling knowingly at me and I felt myself blush.

So I just nodded and walked on, going back to the castle as I was unable to hide away my goofy smile, hoping that Dumbledore couldn't read my mind.