Chapter 31

I knock on the door of the Biology class, patiently waiting for a reply.

"Come in."

I open the door, throwing a half hearted smile in the teachers direction before taking a seat at the pack of the class. To say I look shaken up is an understatement.

Biology is the first class of the day, and I've just missed about a fourth of the lesson. I hope Mr Brown will let it slide though, since I'm the one with the highest grade in the class, do to me having a goddess with me.

The lesson pass relatively quickly, and I have my mind elsewhere as Mr Brown spits out seemingly endless amounts of facts about hedgehogs.

I hadn't got the chance to talk with Lucy about what happened with the Alpha since I had to go to school. Although she promised that she would with me about it after school.

I'm not worried that he'll try anything again, since I scared him quite the bit. Even though I can't help but wonder what consequences my encounter with him will have.

There is a chance it won't be any, but those chamces are extremely slim.

Because, even if he won't do anything now, doesn't mean he won't try anything later.

The bell rings and interrupts Mr Brown's speech about how the hedgehogs doesn't drink milk, making everyone stand up abruptly.

"Samantha, can you stay a minute?" the teacher calls over my babbling classmates. Out if reflex I nod in response, even in I know he doesn't see me through the crowd that's leaving.

Brown playfully scold me about my late arrival, but as I suspected he'll let it slide this time. Not even a notice sent home.

When I've thanked him I leave the classroom, just to bump into someone else. A very handsome else.

Really Sam? Did you just go there?

"Hello Samantha." Luke almost purrs, throwing an arm around my shoulders. I feel myself relax as I lean into his side slightly, even if I still feel tense. Unfortunately that's something Luke seems to notice.

"What's wrong?" he asks, leaning his head down next to mine.

I shake my head dismissively.

"The Alpha."

Don't think I haven't notice how Luke don't use the title "father" to his Alpha, even if the mentioned called Luke son.

If Luke for some reason don't want to call the Alpha father, then why should I?

Luke tenses visibly, tugging me along to an almost empty corridor, away from the busy hallway. There, he let's go of my shoulders but keep my hand in his, spinning me around so that I face him.

"What did he do now?" Luke almost demands, his voice stern. I don't let it face me though, as I know he's just tense because it's about the Alpha.

"Tried to 'talk' to Lucy." I mutter, putting air-quotes on "talk".

Luke grits his teeth. He closes his eyes momentary, taking deep breathe as to prevent himself from storming away and doing something regretful against the Alpha.

"I stopped him though, and kind of threatened him to not touch her again..." I trail of, as the corner of Luke's mouth twitches, his hard face softening. I sigh and let my gaze wander down to out hands, looking on them as they were the most interesting thing in the world.

"But I don't know what he'll try to do next, so I'm slightly anxious." I admit quietly, not really knowing if Luke hears me.

I know he does when he pulls me into a tight hug. He squeezes the air out of me, but I couldn't care less as I really need a hug.

"I'll be alright, I'm sure." he mumble in my ear, and I chuckle slightly as I hide my face in the crook of his neck.

"I know that. It's just that I don't know how long time it'll take it to become alright." I say, not looking at Luke as I do.

"Sorry, forgot you're kind of over powered." Luke says and I can hear the smile in his voice.

I retreat from my hiding place and look up at him with a roll of my eyes.

Luke looks at me, smiling, his eyes capturing mine. Baby blue eyes, like an icy ocean.

Emight sigh in content, slightly ruining the moment.

"What did we do to deserve such a beautiful mate?" Emight asks, almost dreamingly. As if he didn't intend to speak his thoughts out loud.

"Noth-" Luke try to answer out loud, before I beat him to it.

"Oh you don't. I'm way out of your league."

It's now Luke's turn to roll his eyes.

Take a glance around, noticing how the pace in everyone's steps have become faster in the corridor we stepped away from.

"We start soon, so we should get going." I say firmly and try to back away from our embrace, just for Luke to tighten his grip around me.

"What's the magic word?" Luke asks micheiviously, a slight smirk on his lips.

I pretend to think, though I have a good guess in what he wants. Let's just say that it's more than a simple word.

"Just kiss him already!" Emight exclaims, his sudden outburst making Luke's face turn a shade darker.

I chuckle slightly before I do.

------------
A/N:

*edits chapter*
*Wattpad don't save*
"FOR THE LOVE OF EVERY FUDGING GODDESS EVER!!!"

So that happened.

I realised that I haven't dedicated any chapters to you peeps lately.

It's because I hate my computer.

I've written a long story about how I love you peeps and how I'll dedicate chapters to some of you when I'm finished with the book. But Wattpad deleted it. Yay.

Until next time!

//siggeisthedog