#4 - I knew Liams Secret

I flopped down on my bed rethinking the days events, thankfully I was able to escape hell without running into anymore trouble

I flopped down on my bed rethinking the days events, thankfully I was able to escape hell without running into anymore trouble. As I stared up at my white ceiling my mind couldn't help but float back to sapphire rings and honey blonde highlights.

Why did he react so badly to simple, non invasive questions?

What was Liam hiding?

Before I could stop myself I picked up my iPhone and searched for him on Instagram, rolling my eyes I mentally scolded myself because we all know social media shows the true realities of ones life. Feasting my curious eyes on Liams grid searching for the answers I probably wouldn't find. Somewhere at the back of my mind I made a note that there were no pictures of him with any girls. But generally the platform was full of soccer practice or winning moments, drunken party pictures and one or two pictures of cars. 

One square was occupied with a video. Mr Greene sitting at his desk whilst Liam catapulted erasers using a slingshot with ease like he was Bart Simpson. In the video Mr Greene flinches from the impact of each one and then loses his shit with Liam whilst the background noise floods with herds of laughter. My eyes roll again. How has he not been kicked out already?

Diving deeper and deeper into his Instagram I'm seeing nothing that hints towards whatever lies behind those walls. Disappointment rags through me but it was expected. As the upload date goes further and further back my fingers start to tremble and anxiety builds. My mind plays out a scenario where I like one of his pictures by mistake and the panic that surges through me is knife-point sharp. I couldn't let that happen, time to get off social media.

A welcome and familiar ring went off on my phone, distracting my thoughts away from the bad boy. My parents were calling from New York just like they do every night. They both work together at a company who holds office space in Manhattan so they travel a lot. Sometimes they are gone for three months at a time, sometimes only three weeks. Which I guess I don't mind, it just gets a little lonely sometimes.

***

7AM my alarm clock blurs out the most annoying ring that penetrates my ears in the most unwelcome way. I allow my heavy eyes to flicker open slowly, taking in the familiarity of my bedroom. Lilac tones dressed my walls and Polaroid photos hung from fairy lights showcasing my most cherished memories. White wooded furniture accented the room and light flooded through the window blinds. It was the warmest of orange tinges as the sun started to rise and the colours of day and night bled into one another.