39

"This too shall pass."
– Persian Sufi Poets

Bella's pov

I decide to wear a beautiful white dress today, I realized I won't be able to fit into many of my clothes soon, so might as well start wearing them now.

My stomach is starting to show a little but still it's not that noticeable

I brush my hair and let them fall down. I pair my dress with a simple pendant which my dad gave my mother. She gifted it to me so that I'll always feel that a part of him is still with me.

"You look so beautiful." Xander surprises me with his comment. I didn't even know that he was standing there looking at me all this while.

I blush a little, it's been long since I have received any kind of compliment. "Thank you Xan, you don't look so bad yourself." I tease him.

"Yeah is that why you can't seem to keep your eyes away from me." He smirks and winks at me.

"Shut up!" I exclaim. Which makes him laugh.

He ruffles my hair, and goes outside, starts his car. I open my own door, and get inside. "Let's get going stupid!" He says and chuckles.

"You do realize the fact that I am the topper of our school, right?. Whereas you couldn't even pass without my help." I snap at him, and put my tongue out.

"Real mature behavior, nerd." He laughs.

"Hey don't call me a nerd. Actually don't call me anything new, stick with Ella." I reply to his remark, laughing a bit myself.

He shakes his head and we drive in comfortable silence.

——-

Wanna guess where he brought me?

He brought me to the same restaurant I used to work at. It's my first time here as a customer. It does feel good honestly.

"Thanks for bringing me here." I smile at him,

"You don't need to thank me Ella. Watching you smile makes me happy. And I thought that this will make you happy, you haven't met your co-workers since a long time right?" He replies sweetly, carefully watching my expressions.

"Yeah being here does makes me happy." I really am grateful for having him.

I watch one of my co-worker coming towards our direction to take our order.

"Bella, is that you?" Lucas asks, happiness hidden in his surprised reaction.

"Heyy Lucas! How have you been? How's your family now" I greet him with a hug and I start asking him questions about his family's well being.

He laughs, "Still the same old Bella, worrying about others. I have been great and so is my family. What about you? You look so good, so different from before."

I feel Xander's eyes, glaring at Lucas since the moment he arrived, being the protective one that he is.

"Yeah, a lot has changed since the time I left. We'll catch up someday, do give me your number." I hand him my iphone, he looks at my wallpaper for sometime, but then goes ahead and adds his number.

Yeah I didn't change my wallpaper, I don't think I'll be able to. I like waking up to see that picture of our's, it always makes me smile.

"Why is your date looking at me like he is going to kill me?" Lucas asks, a bit scared by the looks Xander has been giving him.

I look over at Xander, and smile. "Xan meet Lucas, the most sweetest co-worker ever. Lucas meet Xander, my..."

"Husband." Xander completes my sentence.

I am surprised by the way he said that, but I don't say anything about it. I know he is just very protective over me and wants to protect me from every possible being.

Lucas looks over at me, giving me a confused look. "We sure have a lot to catch up." I can understand his confusion, he just saw my wallpaper which was my picture with Jacob, and then he just heard how Xander is now my 'husband'. Any sane person would be confused.

"What will you like to order?" Lucas asks us politely, as he still is on duty.

"I'll have my favorite spaghetti, and fries. With a soft drink." I order mine immediately, didn't even need to go through the menu as I have it memorized. Lucas knows what I am talking about.

Xander gives me a look, and chuckles.

"I'll have the same, with wine." He orders his. After taking down our orders, Lucas goes away which makes Xander happy.

I poke his arm, "What?" He asks innocently, "Why were you rude to him for no reason?" I ask him.

"That wasn't rude. I was just a bit unfriendly with him. I didn't like the way he was looking at you continuously." Xander defends himself.

I shake my head at his answer and face palm myself.

Our food arrives quickly, and I start eating mine as soon as the guy leaves. I was honestly starving after that sickness.

Xander keeps looking at me and laughs again at me.

"How can you even eat like that." He says while laughing at me.

"Are you carrying a baby inside your body Clain? No right, so kindly shut up!" I snap at him.

This shuts him up. He chuckles and raises his hand to surrender in response and starts to eat his meal.

——————
Did you guys like this?
Do comment and vote if you did.